GTA 5

Genie

Game and Gamestation were taking preorders of it in store the day after it officially announced - I should know, I put a few through before they made me redundant ;).

We basically got told to suggest a November release back then, I was suggesting to people April 2013 but they didn't seem bothered and just ordered anyway.

• 1 month later...

Expect a bit of an info blowout on this next month. It's been revealed as the cover game for next months issue of US game mag Game Informer, which means they're doing a feature on it and it wouldn't have made front cover without it being a big reveal.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone got any info on the multiplayer in GTA 5?

It'll have 32 players per lobby and there will be loads of gang missions like in Red Dead Redemption, where you can rob anything from a launderette to a bank...

It'll have 32 players per lobby and there will be loads of gang missions like in Red Dead Redemption, where you can rob anything from a launderette to a bank...

I played red dead multiplayer a few times but didn't really get into it.

I have no doubt that GTA 5 multiplayer will be much better than red dead though, is that 32 players on xbox?

RDR multiplayer was better than I thought it was going to be. I didn't really get hooked on it but it had it's moments of fun. One time a couple of guys chased me and my friend for ages so we had a shoot out and I hid behind a rock. One guy came around one side of the rock, I went the other way, came up behind him and killed him. Dumbass. I guess you get trolls no matter what multiplayer game you play.

Still, GTA V multiplayer sounds fun, although I'm the opposite of AndyC, I normally get bored of the morons on multiplayer and I'm very much a singleplayer kind of guy and no doubt the singleplay on GTA V will be a lot of fun.

I'd rather have a game like this in the autumn/winter. I can become a caveman for a few months then, never seeing sunlight. A spring release means I will be outside as much as possible, thus not give it full attention, ergo I will be shit at multiplayer again.

Damn you RSG!

actual_1351545051.jpg

GTA is the only game i can sit and play single player and not get bored. Every other game i play i only ever play multiplayer.

Anyone got any info on the multiplayer in GTA 5?

I'm basically the opposite.

I rarely play multiplayer on any game. FIFA is about the only thing that gets played online, and even then I get annoyed with it.

I just don't like losing. And I especially don't like losing to the scum of the Earth. So multiplayer on any game just pisses me off within seconds (playing multiplayer COD was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life)

So games like GTA are perfect for me. Hours of single player campaigns and then loads of side missions to keep it semi interesting afterwards.

Games like COD don't do it for me because even though the campaign is good while it lasts, it's way way too short.

:D

Yeh, when I played COD online it went something like

Game Starts

I die in 5 seconds.

I respawn

I die in 1 second

I respawn

I manage to run around the corner, then die.

I respawn.

I actually see someone, but they shoot me. I die.

Repeat for 10 minutes.

LEast fun thing ever

(I realise this is mostly because I was shit at it)

:D

Yeh, when I played COD online it went something like

Game Starts

I die in 5 seconds.

I respawn

I die in 1 second

I respawn

I manage to run around the corner, then die.

I respawn.

I actually see someone, but they shoot me. I die.

Repeat for 10 minutes.

LEast fun thing ever

(I realise this is mostly because I was shit at it)

Another reason not to like COD is everytime a new one comes out it's exactly the same as the old one just with new maps.

I had a look on youtube last night, the amount of bullshit info on GTA 5 is unreal. People trying to pass off clips of other games as GTA 5 leaked gameplay and geeks making up fake maps based on the trailer. Why bother seriously?

This had better not have the flaws that stopped me playing the last two copies I had. GTA4 had to go despite the fact I got quite far into it- got bored shitless by that sodding friend/relationship system.

And I really wanted to like San Andreas, I really did. But put a mission like "The Wrong Side of the Tracks" into a game and you lose my interest. I spent the best part of a week trying every way I could think of to beat it. I even had to enable the cheats. No luck. Fecking impossible. (PC version, not PS2)

IIRC 'Wrong Side of the Tracks' was one of those missions you basically had to get a little lucky at, I remember it being a pig when I was working through San Andreas.

As for GTA5, theres a few new screens floating around that have come from a preorder bonus gimmick item they're giving away in some US stores, a photo viewer. They confirm a few locations and show off a bit more of the environment.

This had better not have the flaws that stopped me playing the last two copies I had. GTA4 had to go despite the fact I got quite far into it- got bored shitless by that sodding friend/relationship system.

Don't really get this because, IIRC, you didn't have to do any of that stuff. You could if you wanted to. But if you just ignored it then it wasn't really detrimental in anyway.

You didn't have to do it, apart from a few cases where the game forced you to do it for a mission, but it would pester you constantly to do so, and there were benefits for doing it as well.

It was a pretty universally derided addition (I've never met someone who liked it), so they would probably do well ditching it. But saying that Rockstar are full of themselves and aren't much cop at reining in their showing off so I would not be surprised to see it in some manner, still in there.

Â