Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

It was a prediction, but I guess you're right! I've watched Enda Stevens play, but never saw Mickey Boulding!!

Who was that against?

I was over in Dublin at the end of October, start of November and took in 2 Shmarock games, which where both at home, one against Galway and a Euro game against PAOK, he didn't play in the Galway game but played in the PAOK game. He was pretty poor I have to say, and to say that he's not an automatic first choice in that league, or even team, all I can say is I'd be very suprised if he managed to establish himself in a premiership side. Yes, he is young, but I just can't see anything happening. I'd love to be proved wrong mind!!

It just strikes me as the Mickey Boulding scenario, lots of discussion, lots of debate, but we never saw him play, and I'm thinking the same will happen here. But like I say, would love to be proved wrong.

Yep, I agree. You watched 2 games on a holiday. :lol:

Okay, fair points, and I'll re-iterate that i'd love it if he makes me eat my own words in a few years time. But let's not get excited because he won the PFAI young player of the year award, which has been won by premiership quality players such as Daryl Murphy, Conor Powell, Wes Hoolahan, Eamon Zayed and Celtic winger Pat McCourt. McCourt being the only real excpetion as being a player who has done well since.... It's good we're taking a punt on a young player, and good luck to him, hopefully he'll be one for the future..... However, none of the players on that little list above and looking down the full list of winners on Wikipedia even remotely arouse my excitement, so therefore I'll stick with my guns, having seen him play in person, and on the telly, backed up by the pedigree of football we're getting him from, really doesn't excite me one bit! I'm not writing him off, but I just can't really get excited!

Now Enda, if you're reading this, ram that post down my throat!

Fair play mate. I just hate people putting a man down because he came from an inferior league.

Chris Smalling was playing park football 5 years ago and now he is supposedly the future for United. Just give the lad a chance.

Agree warnock should go now

I'd be happy to see baker, clark or delph fill in while enda plugs the hole in the stiffs

Honestly mate you do talk crap.

Warnock has been one of our best players this season. Do you watch the same games that I do?

It was a prediction, but I guess you're right! I've watched Enda Stevens play, but never saw Mickey Boulding!!

Who was that against?

I was over in Dublin at the end of October, start of November and took in 2 Shmarock games, which where both at home, one against Galway and a Euro game against PAOK, he didn't play in the Galway game but played in the PAOK game. He was pretty poor I have to say, and to say that he's not an automatic first choice in that league, or even team, all I can say is I'd be very suprised if he managed to establish himself in a premiership side. Yes, he is young, but I just can't see anything happening. I'd love to be proved wrong mind!!

It just strikes me as the Mickey Boulding scenario, lots of discussion, lots of debate, but we never saw him play, and I'm thinking the same will happen here. But like I say, would love to be proved wrong.

Yep, I agree. You watched 2 games on a holiday. :lol:

Okay, fair points, and I'll re-iterate that i'd love it if he makes me eat my own words in a few years time. But let's not get excited because he won the PFAI young player of the year award, which has been won by premiership quality players such as Daryl Murphy, Conor Powell, Wes Hoolahan, Eamon Zayed and Celtic winger Pat McCourt. McCourt being the only real excpetion as being a player who has done well since.... It's good we're taking a punt on a young player, and good luck to him, hopefully he'll be one for the future..... However, none of the players on that little list above and looking down the full list of winners on Wikipedia even remotely arouse my excitement, so therefore I'll stick with my guns, having seen him play in person, and on the telly, backed up by the pedigree of football we're getting him from, really doesn't excite me one bit! I'm not writing him off, but I just can't really get excited!

Now Enda, if you're reading this, ram that post down my throat!

Fair play mate. I just hate people putting a man down because he came from an inferior league.

Chris Smalling was playing park football 5 years ago and now he is supposedly the future for United. Just give the lad a chance.

Oh absolutely, if he's good enough, he'll get picked, and he'll get the customary DeadlyDirk 150% support, but I'm not expecting anything!

isnt lowry a LB?

he might be from lower league grade, but is he going to be any worst than warnock?

warnock has only been ever present because we have no other first team LB, except kids that are willing to have a go there, and lets be honest, the kids are willing to play anywhere to get a game, whether they can play there or not

i look forward to seeing him in a villa shirt

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine he'll get some minutes in the FA cup and at the end of league games if by some miracle we're winning them comfortably.

There's next to no chance of him going straight into the team as he's not even a regular for Shamrock.

Like Warnock or not but he'll still be first choice as he has the experience of the league.

I'm entirely the opposite way round. I couldn't believe he'd been frozen out by Houllier, because I thought he was so brilliant under MON.

This season, however, he looks like what he is - a player who hasn't played regular football for about a year. He always seems to get caught out of position by opposing wingers, and his passing has been pretty atrocious. Stoke was a little better than Arsenal, but I think he's been very poor this season.

I have been Warnock's biggest critic past couple of years, but I think he's been mostly solid this season.

Agreed, he's been pretty OK this season. For me he is gradually building his confidence back. As for Stevens I hope he comes good but lets not kid ourselves he has punt written all over him albeit at minimum cost.

so is Enda now officially a Villa player?

if so, he's now my new favourite player.

he is the new SALIFOU.

Who are we going to compare Stevens to then? Salifou was the Togolese Zidane.. Is Stevens the Irish Roberto Carlos? Gotta give him some over the top expectations that he'll never meet.

so is Enda now officially a Villa player?

if so, he's now my new favourite player.

he is the new SALIFOU.

Who are we going to compare Stevens to then? Salifou was the Togolese Zidane.. Is Stevens the Irish Roberto Carlos? Gotta give him some over the top expectations that he'll never meet.

It was Adebayor who called Salifou the Togolese Zidane IIRC.

So we need to keep our ears open for some of Enda's teammates' nicknames for him.

Â