Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

Obviously the kid is 21, he is coming from the equivelant of Boldmere St Michael (and about the comment above about it not being 1982 - behave yourself !) and needs to be given at least two, and maybe three years to see if he can make it.

He may do, Chris Price and Alan Wright weren't exactly signed from Barcelona, but didn't do us a bad job. Then again, he could be the next Scott Murray - only time will tell. However, I am glad the club have taken a punt on someone like this.

I can only go on what I have seen in the two games against Spurs and I'll be honest, he hasn't impressed. In fact, McLeish will probably love him because in both games, he was caught out of position time , after time, after time, running up the wing totally leaving the opposition winger unmarked - sound familiar ?.

Personally, I'll give the guy more than a chance, but from the limited I have seen, Eric Lichaj looks are far far superior player and prospect.

Paul McGrath got dogs abuse after one of his first / worst performances for Manchester United.

Robbie Keane wasn't exactly fantastic when he started at Wolves after moving from Crumlin in his first 4 games.

Whatever happened to those guys?

God forbid Villa sign the Young Player Of The Year from Ireland.

The people putting Enda down and already writing him off are probably the same people that would have put Cheik Tiote down if they knew we were signing him from Twente. :yawn:

he is coming from the equivelant of Boldmere St Michael

more like the equivalent of signing from Walsall

:D don't be ridiculous, it's actually non-league level, it's honestly that bad

really not except for last night they didnt get hammered in their other 5 games and not many non-league or even Premier League teams for that matter would win in Belgrade or draw with Juventus

really not except for last night they didnt get hammered in their other 5 games and not many non-league or even Premier League teams for that matter would win in Belgrade or draw with Juventus

i'm talking about the whole league in general....

i'm talking about the whole league in general....

Aye, the same league McGrath, Roy Keane, Robbie Keane, Doyle came from?

Get a grip pal and stop playing Football Manager. You constantly post like you are some scout for Real Madrid, when in reality you are just like everyone else here.

Unless you have qualifications ie UEFA / Fifa badges for the crap you talk?

EDIT: Roy Keane played for a team now in the Irish 3rd division.

at the moment Irish league is about 30th in Europe and the quality is about the same as Scottish league. this season Irish clubs outperformed all Scottish teams and only reason Celtic got back in was a technicality

It was a prediction, but I guess you're right! I've watched Enda Stevens play, but never saw Mickey Boulding!!

Who was that against?

I was over in Dublin at the end of October, start of November and took in 2 Shmarock games, which where both at home, one against Galway and a Euro game against PAOK, he didn't play in the Galway game but played in the PAOK game. He was pretty poor I have to say, and to say that he's not an automatic first choice in that league, or even team, all I can say is I'd be very suprised if he managed to establish himself in a premiership side. Yes, he is young, but I just can't see anything happening. I'd love to be proved wrong mind!!

It just strikes me as the Mickey Boulding scenario, lots of discussion, lots of debate, but we never saw him play, and I'm thinking the same will happen here. But like I say, would love to be proved wrong.

There is a team in the Northern Irish league called Glentoran who refused to sign George Best because he was too small and not good enough against big defenders.

I'm not saying Enda will be one of the best players of all time, but FFS give the lad a chance, rather than watching 2 games against Spurs.

he didn't play in the Galway game but played in the PAOK game. He was pretty poor I have to say, and to say that he's not an automatic first choice in that league, or even team

didnt play in Galway game as the league was won by then and most starters were rested

Â