Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

James McClean at Sunderland is of similar age, experience, and from the same league as Enda (think he was even cheaper?). He was completely ignored by Bruce, who signed him, and has been thrown into the thick of it by O'Neill. He looks a real prospect and is now being talked up for Ireland's Euro 2012 squad. There's every chance Enda can emulate that.

Warnock is one of the most overrated Villa players of recent times

Overrated? I dont know anybody who rates him at all.

Apart from MoN of course

Paul Faulkner rates him as one of the best LB's in the premier league. He's certainly in the top 20.:)

Warnock is one of the most overrated Villa players of recent times

Overrated? I dont know anybody who rates him at all.

Apart from MoN of course

Paul Faulkner rates him as one of the best LB's in the premier league. He's certainly in the top 20.:)

Oh yeah. I dunno how but somehow i forgot about the fountain of football knowledge that was Paul 'Oracle' Faulkner :lol:

James McClean at Sunderland is of similar age, experience, and from the same league as Enda (think he was even cheaper?). He was completely ignored by Bruce, who signed him, and has been thrown into the thick of it by O'Neill. He looks a real prospect and is now being talked up for Ireland's Euro 2012 squad. There's every chance Enda can emulate that.

The difference here is that MON gets the very best out of his younger players, unlike the clown we have in charge.

MON gets the very best out of his younger players

Does he fook. If i remember correctly he sold most of our promising ones and replaced them with the likes of Zat Knight and Habib Beye

Mon was also happy to put out a team of kids in the europa league ensuring our quick demise in that competition.

MON gets the very best out of his younger players

Does he fook. If i remember correctly he sold most of our promising ones

I think you remember falsely in that case.

The young players MON sold were:

Peter Whittingham

Paul Green

Jlloyd Samuel

Stephen Henderson

Steve Davis

Liam Ridgewell

Gary Cahill

Luke Moore

Sam Williams

Craig Gardner

Stephen O'Halloran

Precisely which of those were our "most promising"?

It looks like a good clear out to me. The only one who has really prospered since leaving is Cahill but he left because we couldn't/wouldn't guarantee him first team football week in, week out.

I would still say he is only half decent and ready to be found out.

I hope the lad does well but I'm afraid its going to take ALOT more than Enda Stevens to get us out of the mess we are in at the moment

The Irish Stephen Warnock.

Like it.

Can't understand some people's assessment of Warnock's performances this season... I think he's playing really well in general. Last season he was hopeless, and I wasn't his biggest fan the season before, but I'd definitely single him out as being one of our more impressive players this term. (High praise indeed.)

The young players MON sold were:

Peter Whittingham

Paul Green

Jlloyd Samuel

Stephen Henderson

Steve Davis

Liam Ridgewell

Gary Cahill

Luke Moore

Sam Williams

Craig Gardner

Stephen O'Halloran

Precisely which of those were our "most promising"?

paul Green was a fantastic talent, I've never seen anything like it on the pitch. if MON had given games then we would have the the next essien on our hands. amazing prospect.

sincerly,

sir_gary_cahill ©.

I'd definitely single him out as being one of our more impressive players this term. (High praise indeed.)
Only if we're discounting Given, Petrov, Dunne, Clark, Bannan, Herd, Gabby, Albrighton, Guzan, Cuellar and maybe even Bent.

Â