Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

Currently part time and playing in a league that is probably at the level of the conference (guessing based on the fact it is part time).

So was Seamus Coleman and he's a fine player...

Just quoting the first line of my post takes it a bit out of context. I was not saying that he won't be a good player but that we shouldn't expect him to be fully functional on the day he arrives and that it will take him a while to get up to speed with the Premier League.

It's not 1982. The quality of football in Ireland is much better than you think.

Currently part time and playing in a league that is probably at the level of the conference (guessing based on the fact it is part time).

So was Seamus Coleman and he's a fine player...

Just quoting the first line of my post takes it a bit out of context. I was not saying that he won't be a good player but that we shouldn't expect him to be fully functional on the day he arrives and that it will take him a while to get up to speed with the Premier League.

It's not 1982. The quality of football in Ireland is much better than you think.

Like most over here, I don't watch Irish football. Hence why I said "just guessing". :winkold:

He isn't ready for first team action and he hasn't been signed for this season. He should be progressed like Coleman was at Everton, reserve football and then maybe a loan to get some first team action. I can't see him playing for our 1st team until maybe the latter end of next season.

Nice to know that in true VT fashion he's been seemingly written off before he even kicks a ball for us.

Its probably because he hasn't been heard of, and because he comes from Ireland.

He won Young Player Of The Year and is thought of very highly in Irish league circles.

Â