Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

Currently part time and playing in a league that is probably at the level of the conference (guessing based on the fact it is part time).

Its gonna take him time to get up to speed with the English game and he should develop massively when training with better players. I don't expect to see him this season but hoping he will be up to speed for the start of 12/13. Be good to have some cover at LB.

Un-f*ckin-believable - some typical comments from Villa fans who are judging a player on his cost and know f all about him as a player. I am glad we are giving the lad the opportunity to develop himself. Some Villa fans really think we have a devine right to go out and buy top superstar quality player because we are Aston Villa. The goalsposts have changed people and therefore we have to rely on other means, our youth and finding bargains. Stop you moaning and back whoever wears the shirt!

Fair play to the fans on hear that are backing the lad.

"here"

8)

Ava? :winkold: :lol:

The first goal was the central defenders fault, the second goal was unlucky as he was having to cover where the central defender would normally be. Third goal he was probably at fault for.

I thought he was okay, considering.

One thing I noticed is that he was composed on the ball (as were the whole Rovers team) and has a decent first touch. Rovers played loads of long balls from left to right, Stevens controlled them perfectly each time.

Obviously we can't take too much from this game, but I thought he showed a few glimpses of good passing/ vision.

The first goal was the central defenders fault, the second goal was unlucky as he was having to cover where the central defender would normally be. Third goal he was probably at fault for.

One thing I noticed is that he was composed on the ball (as were the whole Rovers team) and has a decent first touch. Rovers played loads of long balls from left to right, Stevens controlled them perfectly each time.

Obviously we can't take too much from this game, but I thought he showed a few glimpses of good passing/ vision.

Try telling that to the boo boys of VT. They have watched the 'directors cut' on TV for 45 minutes and clearly he's absolutely shite.

Try telling that to the boo boys of VT. They have watched the 'directors cut' on TV for 45 minutes and clearly he's absolutely shite.

What disturbed me more was to learn that Shamrock Rovers are managed by a "Michael O'Neill" whose main tactic in Europe according to the Guardian is to "contain and counter-attack". And now it turns out there is a problem at right back! Any relation by chance?

Something distinctly fishy about all this. :suspect:

What disturbed me more was to learn that Shamrock Rovers are managed by a "Michael O'Neill" whose main tactic in Europe according to the Guardian is to "contain and counter-attack". And now it turns out there is a problem at right back! Any relation by chance?

Something distinctly fishy about all this.

both Northern Irish as well ;)

Currently part time and playing in a league that is probably at the level of the conference (guessing based on the fact it is part time).

its a much higher level than the conference, probably on a par with the SPL for the most part

its a much higher level than the conference, probably on a par with the SPL for the most part

yeah think Rovers would beat most Scottish teams minus the Old Firm. The league itself is around League 1 so standard isnt that low

• 4 weeks later...

didnt watch game today but he will be a decent signing. comfortable on the ball and different than our full backs now in that he doesnt jump in as often to tackles.

Problem will be adjustment as wingers in ENgland are a lot different. Could see a loan in january to championship to get games and adjust

Â