Enda Stevens

TrentVilla

This part time thing is an urban myth.

Part time players/teams train just as much as professional teams the difference is that when the pro players go home to their massive homes in their aston martins...semi pro or part timers as they are called go off to do a job as they dont get the money like the pro's nor have everything subsidised by the club. In most cases semi pro leagues play more games as the leagues have more teams.

Anyway back to topic...if he is any good great..if not...nothing lost

• 2 weeks later...

He has just been nominated for the Professional Footballers’ Association of Ireland (PFAI) Young Player of the Year award.

Shamrock Rovers left back Enda Stevens, who will be joining Aston Villa in January 2012, has been named in the Irish Premier Division Team of the Year and nominated for the Professional Footballers’ Association of Ireland (PFAI) Young Player of the Year award.

21 year old Stevens has remained with Rovers whilst they compete in the Europa League. They currently sit bottom of Group A with ties against Rubin Kazan on November 30th and Tottenham on December 15th left to play. Having failed to win a point so far, they cannot qualify for the knock out phases.

Stevens signed a three year contract with Villa on transfer deadline day back in August. We could certainly do with some cover and competition at left back.

Ballon d'Or....Pah!

• 1 month later...

I think he ended up winning that award.

I haven't seen this kid play yet, I'll be watching the game tonight vs Spurs with interest.

Alot of people seem to think very highly of him. I hope he does well - same kind of story as Delaney, that what it reminds me of and he turned out to be a great player for us.

Currently part time and playing in a league that is probably at the level of the conference (guessing based on the fact it is part time).

So was Seamus Coleman and he's a fine player...

Just quoting the first line of my post takes it a bit out of context. I was not saying that he won't be a good player but that we shouldn't expect him to be fully functional on the day he arrives and that it will take him a while to get up to speed with the Premier League.

Â