Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

Don't get all the hype about Herd. He runs around a lot (admittedly more than some of our players!), but isn't a great passer and ok he scored one goal.

Can't say I think he's anymore than a bottom half of the premier league player.

I think he played two games last season. Both in defence iirc... He was just a TINA
And, look, he's gone and forged himself a decent Premier League career! Hopefully Herdy can do the same.

Houllier saw something in him last season. He was spot on

Dont remember him starting a game last season and couldnt get ahead of Hogg.

He started two - although I expect he tries to forget about them. He was part of the infamous "weakened" team that lost 0-3 to Man C in the FA Cup (and IIRC was directly responsible for goal no. 3) and then played in the 0-1 "Had enough, Houllier out" defeat to Wolves.

I like this lad, great athlete, needs to keep it simple though, trying some rangey passes vs Chelsea and got caught out, He should have a decent premier career ahead of him, i mean if the likes of Jay Spearing can get games, then Herd should have no problem.

the slow mo I saw he hit (the side of) his head on the ground with a real whack as he landed so possibly that was the cause of any damage rather than contact with the Stoke player ??

He got nutted by Huth (probably the worst player in the world to get nutted by), then fell badly on his head, then got landed on by Collins. But you could tell he was in a bad way when he was falling, he'd already taken one knock on the head earlier in the game.

Do hope he's alright, I like the kid a lot, he has a great attitude.

I quite like Herd. Great leap for headers and was playing ok today. I don't think he's particularly creative but gets stuck in and has a future at the club. I hope he's ok, couldn't really tell what happened from where I was sitting today.

He's becoming a marked man, Stoke knew was he's a force in the air and tried to sub due him when they could, thought he should have won a pen in second.

He hasn't fractured his skull, just felt nauseous after the match so gone for a scan.

Â