Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

Herd might the proof that you don't have to be hyped as a teenager to make it on the big stage. Whilst Luke Moore is proof of the opposite that because you're being hyped as a youngster it's not a certainty that you will make it in the end. Herd came from almost nowhere this season and is now a regular in the first team. He hasn't made it yet, but he's been very good so far. But he's playing the easy part of the midfield right now. Which he does very well, but I wanna see how he can develop if he starts to be a bit more creative. But so far I'm a happy fellow when it comes to Herd.
You might be surprised, but he is not only underrated but also creative player. Look at our first goal at Bolton, he passed the through ball between two Bolton players just perfectly into the run of Gabby to assisst Marc in his goal. And a bonus might be (I am not sure of it) that Herd possibly won the ball from opposition just right before his superb pass.

Chris Herd reminds me lot Bret Emerton, strong, agile and never-say-die attitude. Remembering Chris headbutt into the post - he needed only few minutes to be in full form running again like as nothing happened :)

Herd might the proof that you don't have to be hyped as a teenager to make it on the big stage. Whilst Luke Moore is proof of the opposite that because you're being hyped as a youngster it's not a certainty that you will make it in the end

was going to make same point and shows hard work can get you far. probably the most unknown of the academy players in squad in last 2 years and will probably be the only regular

Herd seems a bit like Gabby in that it will be hard work, rather than natural talent, that makes him a Premiership footballer. There's no reason why he can't go on to be a fixture in the side over the coming seasons, but he will need to carry on improving.

He really never looked like making it over the years, but his rise is well deserved. I absolutely love Herdy. Not only does he work hard, he does exactly what he has to with minimal fuss. Seen him lose the ball a few times, but that will stop the more experienced he gets.

Herd might the proof that you don't have to be hyped as a teenager to make it on the big stage. Whilst Luke Moore is proof of the opposite that because you're being hyped as a youngster it's not a certainty that you will make it in the end. Herd came from almost nowhere this season and is now a regular in the first team. He hasn't made it yet, but he's been very good so far. But he's playing the easy part of the midfield right now. Which he does very well, but I wanna see how he can develop if he starts to be a bit more creative. But so far I'm a happy fellow when it comes to Herd.
You might be surprised, but he is not only underrated but also creative player. Look at our first goal at Bolton, he passed the through ball between two Bolton players just perfectly into the run of Gabby to assisst Marc in his goal. And a bonus might be (I am not sure of it) that Herd possibly won the ball from opposition just right before his superb pass.

Didn't see the game just the highlights and not really well. Just noticed that Gabby again put the cross in for our first goal and that Petrovs was a deflection. But it pleases me to hear. I didn't mean that he can't be creative, just that I want to see more from him on that part. :)

As much as I agree that it's great to see any young player being brought through the ranks, I would be rather concerned if Herd were to be deemed good enough to be a long-term replacement for Petrov. Yes, he has heart and is good in the tackle, but he is technically not a good player. A lot of his passing is hopeful rather than precise.

I want him at the club yes, but I don't think he's good enough to be our permanent CM.

As much as I agree that it's great to see any young player being brought through the ranks, I would be rather concerned if Herd were to be deemed good enough to be a long-term replacement for Petrov. Yes, he has heart and is good in the tackle, but he is technically not a good player. A lot of his passing is hopeful rather than precise.

I want him at the club yes, but I don't think he's good enough to be our permanent CM.

While i would have agreed with this a month ago, the thing is that Herd has continued to improve and look better each game. He has more than enough to his game to play the role of the most defensive midfielder and hopefully he can chip in with some set piece goals throughout the season.

Didn't see the game just the highlights and not really well. Just noticed that Gabby again put the cross in for our first goal and that Petrovs was a deflection. But it pleases me to hear. I didn't mean that he can't be creative, just that I want to see more from him on that part. :)

It is possible imho, that this will come with more experience gained through more games played. I can see him as a natural replacement for Petrov. And there is a lot to learn from Stan, i.e. his profesionalism and determination.

Â