Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

2nd in the league with Aston Villa 33 games into the season, a point above Man Utd and City. Currently also on a 38 game unbeaten streak, Darren Bent and Marc Albrighton are absolutely beasting it this season.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after all that complaining, turns out I'm the Judas. Got offered a midtable Bundesliga job at Freiburg and couldn't turn it down. Despite the massive progress at Sundsvall, the limitations on coaching and poor facilities were starting to take their toll. Board would't upgrade anything for me, and you can't hire any great staff for 200/wk. However, I have left them in a brilliant financial position with a big squad full of the best players in the leauge (aside from the ones I'll be poaching) and having won it all domestically (the cups twice) immediately following promotion, and had a great European run (went out in the knockouts to HSV) with CL coming up, so they can't be too angry, right?

Depends on whether or not they're as bitter as Norwich fans :D

Finding it hard to strengthen the squad now. Sold Given and bought Paul Robinson. Tried to sign Shawcross, but he went to Spurs. This is the squad I have now:

OJNCH.jpg

Considering Baines at left back, but Everton is asking for £17.5m, which is a lot for a 27 year old who will be too slow in 3-4 years time. Had Jack Robinson on loan from Liverpool and he looks like a very good talent but they are asking £13.5m which seems too steep.

Might get Luke Shaw from Southampton on loan with a buy clause and use Clark and him as cover for Warnock.

Also had Ramsey on loan last season and he has Villa as favorite club now, but still doesn't want to come. Wilshere is interested but Arsenal wants £37m!!

Very pleased that I got the two youngsters below. Got O'keefe for just £230k from Sheff Utd. He's got 'perfectionist' which means high rating in ambitions and professionalism so his development will be very quick if he can avoid injuries.

Nutter also looks like a great talent, but his name seems fitting as he is volatile and confrontational.

zlOAB.jpg

f1e0f.jpg

Feeling a bit dirty, the window is about to open and I've already lined up deals for five of my old club's players, and might go back for a couple more. Record with SCF is 7W 2L 2D, losses coming early in my tenure when the side's morale was shocking. We raced up from relegation candidates in 14th to a solid 8th place finish with a run of 6 straight wins to close out the season. Got some high earners leaving on frees (unfortunately, I took over too late to try to get any money for them, and new contracts for most would prove gross financial mismanagement), so I've got about 6M + percentage of sales to try to rebuild. Wages are going to be a big challenge, as I can't offer good enough deals to quality backup/rotation candidates (even worse, agents' fees) to build real depth. Guess I'll have to revisit my youth free agent scattergun approach.

I am playing my FM 2011 save at the moment ( taking Sheffield Wednesday up to the Championship )

Try looking for this player in FM 2012.

Fabian Brandy...I bought him from Colchester and he scores goals in his sleep. I am in early January and he has scored 32 goals already.

Check him out.

Busy window, let quitea few go, looking to ship 3-4 more, and brought in:

(from GIF Sundsvall)

Mike Valente

Robert Gonzalez

Norberto

Diego Oliveira

Guilherme Mattis

Juan Agudelo

James Ekwueme

+

Wallace (5* PA right back from Fluminense)

Henrique Miranda (biggest money at ~3m, but I had no dedicated 1st team left back, and he's already paying back the investment!)

Giulio Donati (free from Inter)

Paco Alcacer (wonderkid released from Valencia's youth setup due to a relatively minor injury, on big wages but playing great so far and should be able to get huge money if he doesn't work out)

Hany Saleh (free)

Viktor Claesson (has 3 in 3 from central midfield already)

Charles Brou (youth)

Now just looking for a couple good backups for defense and midfield and/or cheap youth quality with the rest of my budget.

For the first time ever playing this game I have a brand new stadium, I'm Newcastle manager and had over £200m sitting in the bank. They've just finished building me a 76'000 stadium with retractable roof, and top facilities across the board. My aim now with the extra revenue that will bring is to make them the richest club in the world. No idea if its possible, Barca and Arsenal are going to take some catching but will be fun trying.

For the first time ever playing this game I have a brand new stadium, I'm Newcastle manager and had over £200m sitting in the bank. They've just finished building me a 76'000 stadium with retractable roof, and top facilities across the board. My aim now with the extra revenue that will bring is to make them the richest club in the world. No idea if its possible, Barca and Arsenal are going to take some catching but will be fun trying.

You'll have to basically have a team of the best youth players in the world so you are only paying them circa 20k p/w rather than the superstars of the world around 100k a week.

I used Barcelona once to see if i could get Messi to score a stupid amount of goals in one season. They make £5m profit every month. Even with all them players on over £100k per week you still make crazy profits. Must be something to do with the stadium size.

yeah on my barca game i made crazy money every month, then you had alves wanting £250k a week and valdes on £180k, i got bored of barca, absolutely smashed everything, played 4 years won the treble 1st year unbeaten, won the league 4 years straight, 3 CL, 4 del reys, 2 world club (though half way through my 5th year i lost in the semis to a shite team) real madrid for whatever reason are awful, finished 9th 1st year sacked mourinho and always buy shit players, bilbao are my main rivals, i get £150m every summer, got cavani, vidal and bale £40m each on the bench, pique and hummels as CBs conceeded 8 goals one season, but no youth came through, none of the -9s or another couple i got have doen anything, and id say a good half of the staff have really poor stats

started a game as anzhi, 3rd attempt, its ahrder than it sounds because you need 5 russians on the pitch at all times and the standard of russians you can attract is awful, took alot of scouting but im flying, joint top after 30 games, problem is the sugar daddy thing is working, ground holds 15k i lose £5m a month, they wiped out my tranfser kitty and started loan repayments etc, i cant sign anyone now and im worried the board will sell players behind my back, tempted to cheat to get rid of roberto carlos and his ridiculous wages

and i found my 2 new favourite players, montillo and quintero

Started one as Villa, rarely play with them. Signed 2 players first season, that Yttergard Jensen (sp?) and some Mexican winger and sold Heskey. Decided to holiday the first season and I finished 11th which isn't too bad I think.

Anyways, massive clear out in the summer. Kept just Hutton (tempted to sell though), Clark, Gardner, Delph, Zog, Albrighton, Bent, Gabby and Fonz (only Bent and Zog start).

One thing that does piss me off is having to pay wages for other clubs when sold, never happens for me. Think that really needs to be introduced. Given is an absolute bastard to get rid of, sold him for nothing and have to pay 10k of his wages for 4 years, which is the same with Ireland too.

Started a new game with Villa.

Managed to sell Given to MONderland for £1.5m and bring in Rafael Romo for £1m on 1/4 of the wages. Very good young keeper.

Got an update from fmbase which had Hoilett on a free so snapped him up too. We shall see how this season pans out. Fabian Delph has started like a beast for me so far though. Got 5 goals in 6 prem games with 4 MOTM's and 4 assists. Nice.

That Andre Schurrle that's playing for Germany tonight is very very good in this game! Although I was a couple years into my save and doing well with Villa before I bought him, not sure if you could get him early on. Anyway he and Sigurdsson are goal/assist machines!!

Â