Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

With goalkeepers, I sign my first one, then just try and find a cheap or a free back up that will do a job if needs be. Only play them in the early stages of the cup. Make sure you put their status as backup though, not rotation. My second keepers rarely last more than a season this way though.

Anyways, back to my Peterborough save. 2nd season in the Prem. 1st after 17 :shock:

Won 7 in a row and that run has just come to an end after being tonked by Man City away. Can't believe how well I'm doing though. First season there was a net spend of £20m, and the second season around £15m. Thought I might just scrape Europa or something this season if I was very lucky, Looks like it is probably Champions League with a title challenge!

Similar experience, i kept Marshall and sold Guzan when i started (got £2m for him), then Marshall left on a free, and i signed Kuzcsak, currently he's unhappy by November about not playing enough games despite having signed him as a back up.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my Leeds safe went just like yours Milfner. Managed to get really high up the table in my second season. 8th first season, 4th second season then won it on the third. My squad doesn't even look that good and i'm beating teams like Man City 5-1.

Getting battered by anyone good it seems. Smashed by Chelsea and Man City back to back (both away) but I just seem to slaughter all the average teams.

sqo1hh.png

That's my season so far, minus losing to Chelsea away (couldn't fit it on the screen)

Just played Blackburn. Won 8-0. 2 players basically ran the show.

Hazard - 1 goal, 7 assists (AMC - Treq)

Cavani - 7 goals, 1 assist (ST - Poacher)

Everyone else (bar Krul who got a 7.4 I think) rated 8.2 or higher. Was an amazing performance.

Apart from this game, it seems every other game I have at least one person who has a shocker and 'was at fault for the goal' / 'mistake led to goal'. Sick of seeing it now. Krul has had about 3 of them where he's dropped a ball in the path of a player.

I think my Leeds safe went just like yours Milfner. Managed to get really high up the table in my second season. 8th first season, 4th second season then won it on the third. My squad doesn't even look that good and i'm beating teams like Man City 5-1.
I did something similar with Leeds, 11th first season, 6th 2nd and I think I won it by the 3rd/4th year. I actually like the mid table fighting where you're looking for little improvements to get past that level, it doesn't seem to last long though.

Did get a pretty incredible youth striker come through though

14bug60.jpg Proud.

Villa

2011/12 - 5th

2012/13 - 4th + League Cup

2013/14 - 3rd

I'll get there eventually!

One thing that's bugging me, I edited myself into the game as a youngster and for some reason he retired from International football after 1 call up!

5 successive x-0 wins. 9 'wins' in 11, 1 draw, (1 win on penalties), 6 conceded in 11 including 7 shutouts.

Last 5 games Evian (h) 2-0 OGC Nice (a) Toulouse (h) 2-0 1-0 Montpellier (a) 1-0 PSG (h) 1-0.

I'll take that. 2nd now, 9 points off a steamrollering Marseille side.

Half my goals were conceded at the aforementioned Stade Gerland, in which I took the lead and had two goals that were marginally onside if I was looking at it from a Lyon perspective. I had 1 win in 5 at the start of the season, now I'm 2nd, Great improvement.

Left one of my two senior LBs out of my European squad to make room for an extra midfielder, and two of my HG youth inclusions could cover in an emergency. Naturally, my starter picks up a knock in the first match, out 4-6 weeks. Feck.

"Norberto looks like he isn't used to closing down this much. Norberto looks like he's used to being asked to close down more."

Thanks, assistant manager.

That's what you get for hiring Peter Grant :lol:

So im in January 2013, within the space of a week i've been offered Adam Johnson, Samir Nasri and Ashley Young. very reluctant to sign any of them though.

Currently got Gabby and N'Zogbia wide, and they're doing ok for me. Gabby has 6 goals and 9 assists, while Charles has 4 goals and 7 assists.

*Just got offfered Andre Schurrle, but couldn't get enough funds together for him

Done it.

2edsidw.jpg

Also won the champions league, but lost out in the Carling up and FA cup finals.

qyg208.jpg

Again all thanks to Fierro. I would say he's the best striker i've had on this game.

2qi7o8p.jpg

Â