Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

Restarted my Villa season and got off to a good start. Beat Everton away 2-1 and followed up by a very well played game against Man City which we managed to win after a fantastic strike by Delph. ManC set up with lots of central mids so we exploited the flanks as best we could to great effect. Felt really proud over the fact that we won the possession as well. Great feeling! :)

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, well done. Not to take anything away from that but are you using the near post corner exploit? I'm using it but I have Gabby on 1st post so it doesn't make much difference :)

?

Something along the lines of, set the corners to near post and pretty much score everytime. I think it also works for free kicks. It's been about for a while, but the developers said it's not cheating/exploiting, but there is definitely something wrong.

That's about it. It certainly doesn't work every time.. With Gabby/Best I've only had like 4 goals from it for my first 15 games, which is not a unrealistic return from corners, but in my last game with Juventus and Destro it resulted in perhaps 20 goals in a season for me.

There was one game years ago, maybe 08, when I found the exploit. Was playing as Newcastle. Steven Taylor was my top scorer and probably league top scorer too. Scoring hat-tricks of headers regularly. To be fair I had a good team as well but it certainly helped scoring an obscene amount from corners.

Never really had the same success with corners since.

Bright moment

HE7fP.jpg

Currently 2nd in the league, but I don't know how.. Losing easy points at home, but beating the big ones, and the big teams are losing a lot of unnecessary points.

Got some more transfer money and made deals to sign a few in january

Daniel Sturrige (£3.5m)

Jack Rodwell (£18m)

Jonny Evans (8.75m)

I think I'll be about 100k above wage budget at that point so will have to sell a few. Maybe ship out Bannan, Collins and Sinclair (still no goals after 17 games and Delf is keeping him out of the team by a fair distance)

I got £3m initially, but it's kinda hard to say exactly how much I've gotten in total..

I sold players for £18.5m and let N'Zogbia and Albrighton go out on loan. This left me with something like 300k pr week in wages to convert into transfer money.

In November I was given £8.25m extra to spend.

In total, after these signings arrive, I will have spent £67m, but every fee is to be payed over 4 seasons, so that's around £17m for the year.

Before I approached the players I boosted the wage budget significantly, then before they agreed to sign I removed the extra wage budget and was left with a rather large transfer kitty to ensure they would go through. I guess I'm cheating the chairman a bit doing so, but my intentions are pure :)

There was one game years ago, maybe 08, when I found the exploit. Was playing as Newcastle. Steven Taylor was my top scorer and probably league top scorer too. Scoring hat-tricks of headers regularly. To be fair I had a good team as well but it certainly helped scoring an obscene amount from corners.

Never really had the same success with corners since.

Had something similar with Bayer Leverkusen without using the near post actually, didn't edit any set piece stuff but Barnetta would get about 3 assists every 2 games, and my CB's between them got about 35 goals. Crazy.

How come you guys don"t download and use the proper Premier League badges for the clubs ?

The silly badges that come with the game get right up my nose.

Link to a good pack?

How come you guys don"t download and use the proper Premier League badges for the clubs ?

The silly badges that come with the game get right up my nose.

Link to a good pack?

You could try Sort It Out SI pal, usually lots of nice packs on there, and in the forums too.

All my key players have become proper tits overnight, four or five whining for moves to bigger clubs, even though we won the league and cup, topped our group in Europa League and are into the knockouts, and have CL football next season. I could understand if genuinely better (or richer) clubs were calling, but the only clubs in for them are from the Belgian second division, Norwegian league and such. I did manage to move one of my whining GKs on (to a rival fortunately/unfortunately) for 1M euro. Add that to the ~100k I made loaning him out, that's a great return on a free transfer in this league.

Signed a couple potential wonderkids, a Serbian central defender and a Czech striker for about 1M between them, desperately need a couple homegrown players but the good ones have already moved or are only interested in foreign clubs if they haven't. *Almost* had Viktor Claesson for 775k, but he opted for some midtable Danish team for 100 bucks more than I'd offered. Wish we could see the contract offers on the table so we could adjust accordingly and battle for signatures. Sick of this "Another team is interested, give us infinite moneys" tactic from the agents, only for the player to sign for the other (often lower rep) team for around the same as you'd be willing to pay.

That sounds familiar, eristic. Club reputation can take a while to adjust to your current level if you improve quickly. I won the league three years in a row with a small club in Norway and was still rated as a midtable team.

I crashed out of both cups early, but I've got 5 games left and only need 8 point to secure the title. Have a 13-2-0 record since making those signings in Jan. Sturridge has been great and I moved Gabby in as a central striker which made a big difference. Evans has been superb at the back and Lallana is playing like Pirlo.

Just come across a tremendous bug on this game. Just played Swansea. 46th Minute, Morten Gamst Pedersen scores an absolute belter for me, yes I signed him for £6million for Villa. Look at the score it says Aston Villa 0 Swansea 1. Bizarre. game finishes without further incident, so I decide to watch the highlights, goals only. Yep, Gamst Pedersen scores and then little did I know, my substitute Adam Lallana scored in the 93rd minute aswell. Still show Swansea won 1-0. I'm very confused right now.... And upset, just stole a winning run of 5 matches from me!

Apparently that bug has been around for years, but it happens so rarely that it's next to impossible to reproduce it so they don't know what causes it. I've had it once myself, but was lucky cos it worked in my favor.

Well, after all that complaining, turns out I'm the Judas. Got offered a midtable Bundesliga job at Freiburg and couldn't turn it down. Despite the massive progress at Sundsvall, the limitations on coaching and poor facilities were starting to take their toll. Board would't upgrade anything for me, and you can't hire any great staff for 200/wk. However, I have left them in a brilliant financial position with a big squad full of the best players in the leauge (aside from the ones I'll be poaching) and having won it all domestically (the cups twice) immediately following promotion, and had a great European run (went out in the knockouts to HSV) with CL coming up, so they can't be too angry, right?

Â