Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won the league and league cup double in my first season. Sold Dunne, Collins, warnock and given and all have been transfer listed again by the teams I sold them too for being shit.

Used the tactic posted on here where the guy got Hulk to score shed loads. For me Bent got 67 in 46 in all comps with 56 in 32 prem games. Ridiculous.

So, playing with three strikers and didn't have enough quality cover, so I brought Borja in for a different kind of option, and my "rotation" options had a fit about too much competition (honestly, is seven strikers really too many when a couple are kids and you're in league, cup and CL?), begged me to sell somebody, so I let Shawn Parker go and sent Robert Gonzalez out on loan, leaving me with five competing for three spots, but one of the whiners has handed in a transfer request on the final day of the window for failing to sell enough players. I told him he was part of my plans (especially with only two backups now), but he pulled that emo ultimatum thing they seem to LOVE in this game, so I told him to sit on it and stuck him in the reserves. Now I'm short for cover again with no real time left. Also had a bastard I'd agreed to sell hand get angry because I didn't sell him, which is infuriating when absolutely nobody expressed the slightest interest in him, even at half price.

Trying to get Julian Draxler from Schalke to hand in a transfer request, as I need another AMC, Schalke want 37m (he's valued at about 7m with a couple years left on his deal) for him even though he's unhappy and really wants to come to me. Don't have time to kiss up enough for this window, though. I have a 2m accepted bid on the table for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, but he insists on key player, 30k/wk and Match Highest Earner clause, which I won't tolerate, especially since he's not a perfect fit for my style of play (he's better as a winger than in the middle, passing and creativity isn't that hot), regardless of how good he'll be. Tempted to snag him just to sell him on for a profit in a year or two, though.

Did the League/Cup double with SCF, undefeated since I took over near the end of the '13-'14 season. Letting several more higher earners leave on frees, though the one I really want to keep (Oliver Baumann) insists on an insultingly low MFRC. Fortunately, I foresaw the problem and signed a quality replacement (Luis Guillherme). Missed out on Ter Stegen for 1m as Arsenal came in offering him 55k/wk when he looked like he was coming to me. :^/

Have Fierro coming in a free in a week or so, so my forwards will be a rotation of Carlos Fierro, Juan Agudelo, Paco Alcacer, Shawn Parker, Mike Valente and a couple decent kids. Valente picked up 17 playing as an advanced forward between a pair of pacey poachers, and he's only 20. Think I need another TM option, though, in case something happens to him. None of my other forwards bring enough physicality to the table.

Main work this summer is replacing old staff and filling the new allotments afforded by the board. I can now have 17 scouts and 21 other staff, up from 10 and 11. Assman is leaving, if I can't find better I'll rehire him, several coaches and scouts are gone and I'm sacking quite a lot of the others. The comp knocks my funds down more than I'd like, but most are incredibly bad and on massive wages (terrible SCF II coach was hired as an assman somehow and is on more money than I am!), so I've got to do something. Have all my coaching attributes up to at least 4.5* except a 4* for GK handling (can't figure it out, as the coach I have on it has better stats than the coach giving me 5* on Shot Stopping). Poached a 5-star defending coach off Stoke for 25k comp, someone we all know and love, Zatyiah Knight! :^D

Anybody have any luck finding good scouts for Africa and the USA? Nobody even remotely decent turns up in my searches, and my current scouts SUCK at scouting them, ages and ages for like 2 reports. All I can find these days are awesome Brazilian scouts, of which I already have enough.

I signed Gilles Grimandi (former Arsenal player, I assume he is one of their scouts) as a scout who is expert in North African football. Only just sent him out there so don't know what he is able to unearth.

I'm shit at the game so am Barca - getting Messi to sign a new contract was a right pain in the arse. I was trying for 2 years to give him a new contract and at the start of his last year he wanted £415k a week and the board would only let me give him £275k, so had to give him another £275k appearance bonus, £200k scoring bonus, 20% yearly pay increase and £2.8m for getting 20 league goals, of which he scored 43 last season. I'm going to end up spending about £40m a year just on him ffs.

I'm shit at the game so am Barca - getting Messi to sign a new contract was a right pain in the arse. I was trying for 2 years to give him a new contract and at the start of his last year he wanted £415k a week and the board would only let me give him £275k, so had to give him another £275k appearance bonus, £200k scoring bonus, 20% yearly pay increase and £2.8m for getting 20 league goals, of which he scored 43 last season. I'm going to end up spending about £40m a year just on him ffs.

:shock: I'd sell him in a heartbeat. Imagine what one could do with the transfer fee and wages saved.

Found these guys for peanuts when looking for backups. My scouts say they're only 2.5* tops, but their tech stats are brilliant (actually better than my first choice), other stats mostly mediocre to decent. Thinking the low reports might be because of the poor facilities and coaching at their clubs, as the scouts report PA based on what they can reach where they are (I've signed a couple 2* kids from African clubs based on stats that became 4* upon arrival). That, and physical stats are more heavily weighted than the rest, so their lack of serious pace, strength and such might be knocking them down.

stefan_erceg_2015.jpg

nemanja_mladenovic_2015.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Villatalk

I decided to make a Steam group so feel free to join. Might make things a bit more social. Try to use your VT name or avatar if possible though, it's always odd when people use completely different identities in different parts of the internet then try to meet up.

• 2 weeks later...

After years of doing without, I finally forked out for a new-ish (well, refurb) PC this weekend. As soon as I've got it up and running, I shall be making my first foray into FM-goodness. Can't wait. :D

After years of doing without, I finally forked out for a new-ish (well, refurb) PC this weekend. As soon as I've got it up and running, I shall be making my first foray into FM-goodness. Can't wait. :D

I take it you already have Football Manager 2012 ?

I would suggest getting F.M.2011 as well.I think the match engine is more realistic on this version and you can possably get it on special somewhere.

No, not yet. I've only got FM11 gathering dust on a shelf as it wouldn't run on my crappy old desktop. New desktop was delivered today though, just got to wait to get it back and set it up and then the missus will probably never see me again. :D

I had to quit, and quit cold turkey. It was actually pervading my thoughts during otherwise enjoyable and much more important activities. Work either from home or on odd schedules, so was playing for 9-15 hours a day since I installed it, especially on days when my students called out. I'm an obsessive researcher and an obsessive collector, so it was a very, very bad game for me to take up. :^(

I am trying something different on FM2012.I am managing Indian Arrows ( indian national football league ) They have just been promoted to the top league so I want to win the league with them and get them into the Asian champions league.

Its very different from any other countries I have tried.Players sell from as little as $450, the normal price for a NL player seems to be around $1000 - $1500 so as you can imagine their skill level is not very high.Its very interesting so far.

With the skill level of the Indian players ?

You have got to be joking.It is different though.I am hoping to win the Durand Cup, some other pre season cup, the league and see how far I can go in the Asian champions league.

I think if I can make it out of the group stage that will be a real achievement.

Been watching MLS lately so thought I'd give it a go on FM. Started unemployed but got the New England job straight away. Signed Guti and Inzaghi as DP's but Inzaghi got injured for 3 months 30 mins into his debut, after scoring a goal. Managed to get rid of a couple of players to other MLS teams for draft picks as well. So in the forthcoming draft I have 2 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders and 2 3rd rounders. After 6 or 7 games I am top, won all but 1. Smashing it up.

Â