Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy feckballs, I just beat Schalke 5-4 on pens! Scraped a 1-1 in the first leg away (they had 23 shors to my 6), set up the most defensive tactics I've ever attempted for the home leg, 1-1 again but managed to get Jermaine Jones and Benedikt Howedes sent off in extra time and held on as they chucked on all their remaining attackers. Everyone buried their pens perfectly, then Uchida stepped up to make it 5-5, but hit it straight at my keeper! €1.26M for making the group stage plus gates and tv money adds up to huge, huge cash for GIF Sundsvall! New owner will probably decide we've done well enough and keep it all, though.

I'm finding it hard to find a better striker than Fierro on this game. I have tried Neymar, Cavani, Hernandez, Messi and Ronaldo. Fierro is too consistent and scores 60+goals per season with ease. Fierro is 47 goals in 21 games in my Leeds save.

2ngy783.jpg

Started a new game with Villa. Decided to limit myself to only using English players, but my sunday league rep is making that difficult. Gonna use only players from Great Britain until I can sign only English players.

Gonna go for a 4-3-3 line up with three strikers, but I'm struggling to strengthen the squad.

Squad so far:

GK: Given, Butland(£2.5m)

RB: Hutton, Herd

LB: Warnock, Stevens, J.Robinson(loan)

CB: Clark, Collins

DMC: Herd, (possibly Clark)

MC: Lallana(£2.8m), Delph, Bannan, Collison(£4.9m)

SC: Agbonlahor, Bent, Delfouneso, S. Sinclair, W. Keane (loan)

Looking at perhaps signing James Tomkins (£7m) and moving Clark to DMC. Another option is Karl Hendry for £5m :lol:

Also got offered Leon Best for £3.8m. Might give him a try. Would appreciate some tips tho :)

My signings for the opening window:

Adam Lallana

Jack Collison

James Butland

Scott Sinclair

Leon Best

Karl Hendry

James Tomkins

Danny Simpson

Jack Robinson (loan)

Will Keane (loan)

Thought it would go very bad, especially as Hutton injured Given in training and he's out for a month, but opening game against Man Utd went very well. Tight game until Vidic got his 2nd yellow. After that it was all Villa, but had to wait until 93:50 (3 min added) before Gabby scored a header from a corner(how unrealistic is this game :lol: ). Clark MOM, but Hendry had 16 interceptions and 3 key passes!

Some players have poor morale, with lots of players concerned about my experience hindering the clubs' progress. I will probably struggle a bit, but I recon this is gonna be a good save.

Can't remember his name, but there is an awesome DMC at Sheff Utd I think. He's about 30, can get him for around £1m, but he's a destroyer. Really played well for me. His stats don't look fantastic but he has all the attributes needed to sit in the middle and break up play, especially if playing counter attacking football.

English too :lol:

Just finished my 5th season with Villa and won the community shield, euro super cup, champions league (very lucky in the final against barca), premier league, league cup and fa cup. Put so much work into the game and now im just bored with it. it's a shame too casue all the quality youngster i bought are just becoming world beaters but i have no motivation to play much more.

Bent is such a frustrating player to have upfront. He'll score 2 or 3 goals in one game, then waste chance upon chance for 4-5 games straight. Just had a 0-0 draw against West Brom at Villa Park. 23-4 in shots. Bent had 8 shots, mostly easy chances. He even managed to shoot over from 4 yards out when the goalie was in the wrong corner.

Sinclair is doing everything but scoring. Goalless after 14 games playing as the left striker. And don't get me started on Gabby! The team is doing well all things considered, with goals from the midfielders, defenders on corners and a lot of own goals.

Wow, well done. Not to take anything away from that but are you using the near post corner exploit? I'm using it but I have Gabby on 1st post so it doesn't make much difference :)

Â