Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

Im now in my 7th season with Villa, in the champs league for the 4th season in a row, won the league twice, couple of domestic cups and last season won the champs league and finished 2nd in the league. As a result the stature of the club has gone up, value is up..etc.. but my transfer budget has gone down by a couple mil every season.

At the start of the season the budget was £18m and although i'm spending £1.4m a week on wages my budget is £2.1m so yeah it,s pretty hard to make Villa a rich club. The stadium doesn't help, and sponsorship money is shocking compared to other clubs. I'm determined to get them in the top 5 richest though, I won't stop until I do I tell thee!!

I'm in 2025 on my Villa have and only just broke into the top 5 richest clubs. Here is what my sponsors, loans and transfer budget is. I'm currently spending £1.1m on wages.

13z5zpk.jpg

Also a new stadium which helps abit.

348n97r.jpg

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way i'll last another 6 seasons on this save, i've started to holiday a few weeks at a time just to get through the season. Although, i've just finished my 7th season and after winning everything possible apart from the league cup, my budget is at £50m for the coming season and Villa are now number 7 on the rich list and board have started building a new stadium.

Anyone play it on the PSP? I do play it on PC too but it's easier for me to use my PSP when I just want to sit down and chill out sometimes, rather than sitting in front of my laptop.

No word of a lie, on my PSP, I have gone four seasons without losing a single game in all competitions! Yes, FOUR SEASONS!!! Fair enough, I'm Chelsea on that save BUT I also became the manager of Ireland on that save too and I have won the Euro's and World Cup with them without losing a single game, including friendlies and qualifiers.

This is all legit too. I don't rage quit and replay the matches if I'm losing.

Anyone else had a saved game like this before?

Anyone play it on the PSP? I do play it on PC too but it's easier for me to use my PSP when I just want to sit down and chill out sometimes, rather than sitting in front of my laptop.

No word of a lie, on my PSP, I have gone four seasons without losing a single game in all competitions! Yes, FOUR SEASONS!!! Fair enough, I'm Chelsea on that save BUT I also became the manager of Ireland on that save too and I have won the Euro's and World Cup with them without losing a single game, including friendlies and qualifiers.

This is all legit too. I don't rage quit and replay the matches if I'm losing.

Anyone else had a saved game like this before?

...maybe the game is just reaaaally easy on PSP? I've never tried it on PSP though, I don't really see the point in playing a diluted version when I have it on PC.

No, it's not really easy on PSP, it's just a lot quicker. It isn't as in depth as on the PC but it isn't far off really. It's just this saved game as well, my other saved games are normal with losses involved. I think I'll just put it down to me being a beast on FM! :D

Did the League/Cup double with SCF, undefeated since I took over near the end of the '13-'14 season. Letting several more higher earners leave on frees, though the one I really want to keep (Oliver Baumann) insists on an insultingly low MFRC. Fortunately, I foresaw the problem and signed a quality replacement (Luis Guillherme). Missed out on Ter Stegen for 1m as Arsenal came in offering him 55k/wk when he looked like he was coming to me. :^/

Have Fierro coming in a free in a week or so, so my forwards will be a rotation of Carlos Fierro, Juan Agudelo, Paco Alcacer, Shawn Parker, Mike Valente and a couple decent kids. Valente picked up 17 playing as an advanced forward between a pair of pacey poachers, and he's only 20. Think I need another TM option, though, in case something happens to him. None of my other forwards bring enough physicality to the table.

Main work this summer is replacing old staff and filling the new allotments afforded by the board. I can now have 17 scouts and 21 other staff, up from 10 and 11. Assman is leaving, if I can't find better I'll rehire him, several coaches and scouts are gone and I'm sacking quite a lot of the others. The comp knocks my funds down more than I'd like, but most are incredibly bad and on massive wages (terrible SCF II coach was hired as an assman somehow and is on more money than I am!), so I've got to do something. Have all my coaching attributes up to at least 4.5* except a 4* for GK handling (can't figure it out, as the coach I have on it has better stats than the coach giving me 5* on Shot Stopping). Poached a 5-star defending coach off Stoke for 25k comp, someone we all know and love, Zatyiah Knight! :^D

Anybody have any luck finding good scouts for Africa and the USA? Nobody even remotely decent turns up in my searches, and my current scouts SUCK at scouting them, ages and ages for like 2 reports. All I can find these days are awesome Brazilian scouts, of which I already have enough.

City have let Balotelli go as a free agent at only 24, but literally nobody can sign him because of crazy demands. He's willing to talk to me, but wants 115k/wk, 17m loyalty bonus, 10.5m for his agent and every clause imaginable with similarly silly numbers. He's 5*, but been free for a couple months and doesn't have even minor interest.

pissed off alittle with this game, at the start of the season i was looking at strenthening my defence, wanted a new centre back to partner Clark, have Alderweireld and Mussachio in mind, so bid equal amount for each player, ended up signing the cheaper options of Mussachio for £15m,

now i'm in November and Fulhjam are offering Alderweireld to me for £8.5m, Can't believe it,

City have let Balotelli go as a free agent at only 24, but literally nobody can sign him because of crazy demands. He's willing to talk to me, but wants 115k/wk, 17m loyalty bonus, 10.5m for his agent and every clause imaginable with similarly silly numbers. He's 5*, but been free for a couple months and doesn't have even minor interest.

Don't sign him he has got such low determination, work rate and Teamwork..Not worth it, I had him and he didnt do anything.too lazy.

Don't sign him he has got such low determination, work rate and Teamwork..Not worth it, I had him and he didnt do anything.too lazy.

Oh, there was no way I was ever going to sign him with his wage demands. Milan finally picked him up after ages and the immediate news story was "Fans upset with signing, worried he'll disrupt squad harmony".

I've started a new game.

I have been in the editor and added Holman and KEA to the squad, release some of the crapper youngsters, released Guzan and Heskey and have put Cuellar in Sunderlands team.

Have also set Petrov to retire at the end of the 2011 season.

I may or may have not also placed Clyne in my squad for 2.5m using the 'Future Transfer' option. >_>

What do you look for in a coach`s stats to train midfielders ?

There are attacking coaches and defending coaches BUT there is no coach stats for midfielders ?

There are "General" coaches, but really just look for coaches that will allow you to hit 5 stars in all training categories. You can see how many players are being handled by how many coaches, assign specific tasks to each coach (which maximizes their effectiveness - in my game, Zat Knight turned out a top defensive coach, so that's all he handles, while Ricardo Gardner became great at coaching ball control, somehow) and the resultant quality for each category on the coaching tab on the main training page. Allways look for high mental stats (15+, especially Det, LoD, Mot) plus as close to 20 as you can get in whatever area you want them to handle.

Â