Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walked the league, 29 W 1 D 0 L, 72 F 12 A. Lone draw was to the team in 2nd after already winning the league and with a cup semi midweek, so while annoying, it was acceptable. Won the Swedish Cup, knocking out AIK on pens in the semi and smashing the side that finished 2nd in the top division 4-1 in the final, which qualified us for the Europa League. Made us a couple million is sponsorships and prize money, but the media predicts we'll be lucky to stay up (though if we can keep most of our starting 11, we should have no trouble securing a midtable finish, as it's a fairly poor league), so the board will only give me 187k funds + 11k/wk extra wages, so while I can afford the wages for few above average squaddies, I don't have the muscle to grab anyone genuinely good, especially not homegrown, which clubs like to jack WAY the hell up. 675k for 20-yr-old valued at 80k with a year left on his contract and such. Actually kinda hoping one of the bigger sides sniffing around my stars activates a mfrc, which will bring in massive cash for reinvestment.

Fookin' hell, 7 games into the season and i've won them all including scalps against Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. Liverpool put me out the LC but to be honest the squad is so thin one less contest may not be a bad thing.

I'm currently rocking a formation of;

------------------Cavani------------------

Neymar---------Hazard-----------Modric

---------Montolivo-----Moutinho©-----

Baines-----Agger----Shawcross---VDW

--------------------Krul--------------------

Clark, Cissokho, Clyne, Delph, Ganso, Sturridge, Agbonlahor

Finished 8th in my first season! Couldn't believe. Thought I was a dead cert to go down after 5 games too, my record was Played 5, drawn 1, lost 4 and conceded 15, scoring just 3 in the process. Had Welbeck on loan for the last half of the season and he was great but he refused to join me permanently so I got Niang instead. Absolute boss.

Managed to finish 5th in my first season with the Villa, well chuffed with that. It's around late March in my 2nd season and i'm in a three way battle for 4th with Man City and Chelsea with around 9 games to go.

Managed to beat Arsenal 5-0 in the league cup final :shock: and still in the FA cup/Euro Cup so a hell of a season already, regardless of how it finishes.

P.S. Is it just me or do the team talks almost ruin the game this year? Absolute gash!

One thing that's slightly annoying about this years version is some clubs negligent attitude towards players, for example in the last two seasons Spurs have signed:

Debauchy,

Mauricio Isla,

Erick Pieters,

Moussa Dembele,

Leighton Baines

and Nelson Valdez.

Of those 6, three are currently unhappy after not getting games and they've already moved Debauchy on within 12 months of signing. Only Baines and Valdez get a game.

Finished 6th first season, 8th second season, 3rd third season and I'm 3 games away from the end of my 4th season.

I was 1st until I hit a rough patch in January and Liverpool went on a run of 16 WINS in a row :(

I have Liverpool in the FA Cup final and 2 league games left. I'm 3rd, 2 points behind first (but Liverpool have a game in hand).

I also got to the Quarter Final of the Champions League, after topping my group against AC Milan, Real Madrid and Rangers 8-)

I have a massive squad because I got taken over by a french billionaire!

GK: Courtois, Gautier (gen)

LB: Fabio, M'Bengue

CB: Hangeland, Shawcross, Boyata, Clark, Serrano (gen)

RB: Romario (gen), Nagirnyi (gen)

DM: Marcq

CM: Ledley, Kayal, Kucka, Seck (gen), Evans (gen)

AMC: Djuricic, Sulejmani, Blonbou (gen), Webb (gen)

AML: Gaitan

AMR: Sterling

ST: Balotelli, Tevez, Caicedo, Welbeck, Faye (gen)

All of my gens have 4.5 star potential and are pushing the senior players out the team (Serrano, CB, 19 yrs old, 14 goals this season!)

I'm currently Stade Malherbe Caen in my first season, playing tight, boring football. 7th in the league. Been using my buy now pay later trick so I can afford.

----------------------Petric--------------------------

--Vandam----Xulu-------Ilori-----Raineau---------

--------------------Missilou(loan)--------------------

-----------Jali-----------------Takagi-----------------

------------------Rui Fonte----------------------------

-------------Zeballos------Frau-----------------------

Not bad.

Oh, and I've toppled some of the big boys. Beat Lyon at home 1-0, beat PSG at Parc des Princes in the cup 4-2, only 5 defeats all season and I'm in January. Not bad at all.

Little over halfway through the season, on top of the Swedish Premier Div, 14 W 2 D 0 L, about to name my squad for the Europa League (qualified for the playoff round via winning the Swedish Cup), if we can make the group stage, we'll make enough cash to buy the Swedish League for two or three years. Kinda ticked the board off in spite of all the success, though, by applying for the vacant Villa job. QPR, Leicester and a few others have come in for me, but I turned them down. After all the change I've implemented at Sundsvall, I'm only moving if it's Villa (which, obviously, is the dream job) or another massive club who will let me do my thing.

I've discovered a bit of a scam to get quality youth (as my board isn't much help), but youth contracts in Sweden are literally 5-8 euro/wk, so I've found that I can take on dozens of U21 free agents as trialists, have a look at them, release the chaff (and the occasional greedy punk) and sign 25-30 kids at a time for less than the weekly wage of a backup, so now my U19 and reserve squads are stacked with a load of 250k+ valued, 3.5-4.5* potential players. Coming from my "academy", they'll be willing to take super-cheap pro contracts when the time comes, and, as a bonus, they're all eligible for homegrown status if they stay for a couple years, so they'll be even more valuable inside the leagues. Need to pick up a couple more dedicated youth coaches, though. Acquiring good staff is much more of a challenge than acquiring good players so far!

Back to the first team, I'm having trouble juggling keepers, as even the ones that signed as "rotation" players keep whining if they don't start every single game. I told a couple I'd loan them out, but when offers came in, the players kept rejecting them, then bitched at me for not keeping my promise and letting them go! Amazingly, I loaned one out to Sevilla, who activated his buyout clause at the end, but he turned them down for not offering him enough cash. Greedy tit. How do you keep players happy in a position that isn't conducive to rotation? I have two that are about tied for first choice, use them against different styles of play, but the young ones doing the complaining aren't quite ready to displace the seniors. Should I just flip them?

With goalkeepers, I sign my first one, then just try and find a cheap or a free back up that will do a job if needs be. Only play them in the early stages of the cup. Make sure you put their status as backup though, not rotation. My second keepers rarely last more than a season this way though.

Anyways, back to my Peterborough save. 2nd season in the Prem. 1st after 17 :shock:

Won 7 in a row and that run has just come to an end after being tonked by Man City away. Can't believe how well I'm doing though. First season there was a net spend of £20m, and the second season around £15m. Thought I might just scrape Europa or something this season if I was very lucky, Looks like it is probably Champions League with a title challenge!

The fan base and stadium is a massive problem though.

Only 14000 capacity, and I'm in the process of buying it which takes a full season to complete. Then I have to expand it which will be another few months. which will majorly cutting into my profits too. Frustrating as it will always mean my budget is tiny. Currently spending £370k p/w which is the 2nd lowest in the league!

I think my Leeds safe went just like yours Milfner. Managed to get really high up the table in my second season. 8th first season, 4th second season then won it on the third. My squad doesn't even look that good and i'm beating teams like Man City 5-1.

Â