Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made myself into a player...apparently "there is nothing between" Messi and myself.

I know its cheating but i like seeing my name in lights!

I did the same, i'm outrageously good!

I am also a good 7 years younger than i am in real life!

I've had a horrible time in my FM12 career lately, struggling along in the BSP and not getting anywhere so I applied for a job in India, and got the top job at Dempo SC. Currently standing 2nd in the table after 13 matches, I finally feel like I'm doing something right!

I am managing in India.My team is Indian Arrows, they have just been promoted and most of the team are average.I am still trying to get my head around the fact that players with a 6/7 are good players.

Completed my 5th season with barca, won my 5th league, 4th CL and won the euros with Spain, it's a bit daft how easy it is but I'm smashing my own all time records so keep playing it

Messi was out for the season so I signed neymar, had £250m budget, front line is messi, neymar, cavani and villa (top scorer) I had to train sanchez to play midfield to keep him happy

Tried being the spainish Olympic manager but the U19 team picked all my players for their championship :(

I am managing in India.My team is Indian Arrows, they have just been promoted and most of the team are average.I am still trying to get my head around the fact that players with a 6/7 are good players.

Yeah it's mad when you see a player with 12 pace and think he's absolutely rapid :D

I made myself into a player...apparently "there is nothing between" Messi and myself.

I know its cheating but i like seeing my name in lights!

I did the same, i'm outrageously good!

I am also a good 7 years younger than i am in real life!

Haha, same, I chalked 9 years off my actual age. Makes sense though, I usually only last 10 seasons then I get bored so I didn't have to retire!

And the hero challenges -

I've done brazil, do some research in to what team you use, some of state championships are huge meaning you play 60 odd games a year, avoid the sao paulo one, I've done it with the Brasilia and the ceara one, less teams and you can win it with a shot one

I'm also doing the Scottish one now, I've put rangers in there, released all the right players, given them no money, still smashing the 3rd division

Doing Spanish Hero now. Using Castilla, which is just Real Madrid B team. Problem is, Madrid keep moving players to my squad and it's driving up the wage budget for some reason. I can only register 23 players and i had almost 60 players in my team. Wages were £30k in the red. Only way i could fix it was to move the players i don't need to the Real Madrid C team. Only problem with that is, every time a squad register comes around they all are moved back to my team. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or the Spain lower league are mess up.

castilla cant get promoted!

Oh yeah, i know that now. I worded my post wrong. I mean i started with them and then found out the mistake i'd made, but i carried on anyway because they churn out some amazing youth players.

I got one going with Tenerife, just one league away from completing the achievement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After 2 Indian League titles with Dempo, I moved back to England to take on League One, Leicester, and won the tile by 2 points in my first season.

Next season I was 17th in the Championship after about 15 games when Villa came a knocking. Villa were 19th in the Championship and looking a mess, but I couldn't resist the call.

1 year on and we lost in the play offs to Cardiff, and are currently top of the league and in the QF of the League Cup :)

Question, do many of you guys mess about much with team tactics and individual player tactics?

I find I'm excellent at spotting talent on the game but I always seem to hit a brick wall, e.g got Wimbledon from League 2 to the Prem but stuck in the bottom 3. Got Crewe from League 2 to Championship but can't get promoted, I'm wondering if it's my lack of tactics that's costing me, as on paper my Crewe team is the best in the league.

I'm constantly tweaking my tactics to suit my players and the opposition. I've found that the last few versions of FM have smarter AI that works out your tactics after a number of games, so you have to keep freshening them up.

I'm constantly tweaking my tactics to suit my players and the opposition. I've found that the last few versions of FM have smarter AI that works out your tactics after a number of games, so you have to keep freshening them up.

Really? I find I can use mostly 2 tactics and I seem to win most games

Do you make your own tactics from scratch without reading anything about what works or downloading them?

It takes me the best of part of a year to find things that work for me, and then just as I start getting "success", the new version gets released :D

Â