Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

In the grand scheme of things, he's done as well as, if not better than the likes of Downing and Milner when they first broke into the team. He's not looked completely useless, and it's only fair to grant him the same stay of execution that the likes of Young, Milner & Downing benefitted from.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another French flop so far.

give the lad a chance ffs

Hence the so far.

you called him a french flop though, therefore writing him off already

And I also said so far, qualifying that so far he's been a flop but that doesn't mean he'll end up as one.

Jesus, I know you have a reputation as someone who likes to cause arguements around here, but I can't believe you are causing problems through semantics.

Much better player than downing

You mean the Downing that was POTS last year?

So far the Zog is a flop IMO!

He was brought in to have an immediate impact because of his Prem experience and it hasn't worked!

The Zog is never going to be anywhere near the level of either Ash or Downing but was the safest option at the time! He needs to improve and fast because we don't have the luxury of 2 or 3 match winners in the side any more! We won't lose many but we need to start winning!

Another French flop so far.

give the lad a chance ffs

Hence the so far.

you called him a french flop though, therefore writing him off already

And I also said so far, qualifying that so far he's been a flop but that doesn't mean he'll end up as one.

Jesus, I know you have a reputation as someone who likes to cause arguements around here, but I can't believe you are causing problems through semantics.

fair enough, i state my opinion if that causes arguments then so be it

Still drinking through to the morning?

Downing is a fantastic player.

Nzogbia is also a fantastic player, just because he hasnt been fantastic yet doesnt mean he isnt.

There is little to pick between the two, both have their pluses and minuses.

But I suppuse the usual player grading is evident in this thread again. Fantastic, Average, Shit.

Nzogbia is also a fantastic player, just because he hasnt been fantastic yet doesnt mean he isnt.

But I suppuse the usual player grading is evident in this thread again. Fantastic, Average, Shit.

I've only seen 1 game. Quite frankly, I have no view of N'Zogbia as a Villa player. I think he's a good player generally. I think he could become very good for us and effective.

I have always had a high opinion of Downing though and think he's one of the top wide men in the league. N'Zogbia is currently below that level. Nothing wrong with that, the hope is he pushes himself upto a level but I'm not sure what's wrong with arguing the point

'N'Zogbia is much better than Downing'

it's absolute nonesense.

I've only seen 1 game. Quite frankly, I have no view of N'Zogbia as a Villa player. I think he's a good player generally. I think he could become very good for us and effective.

I have always had a high opinion of Downing though and think he's one of the top wide men in the league. N'Zogbia is currently below that level. Nothing wrong with that, the hope is he pushes himself upto a level but I'm not sure what's wrong with arguing the point

'N'Zogbia is much better than Downing'

it's absolute nonesense.

Nothing, I agree, I never said there wasnt anything wrong. I was just putting a case forward for Nzogbia, just because a post is replied to doesnt mean all the content is directed at the other poster.

Downing is a much better player than N'Zogbia, much to the fact that he is much more consistent. Downing is just good at most things, not splendid mind, but very good at taking on players, crossing and tracking back. Sure N'Zogbia can hit a free-kick and strike it in the corner a couple of times every season, but those are highlights and I would take 7 out of 10 solid games like Downing > 4 out of 10 where one is excellent so to speak.

What we need from Charles is some consistency and him starting to get some assists. Ashley Young, our best player since McGrath (?), has left a huge void to fill. Darren Bent, is a very good goalscorer but not much else compared to strikers like Rooney and Suarez who can contribute elsewhere in the build-up. So, without the help our team will stagnate like hell and Bent will be furious come January.

FFS it's still very early days. I do not have strong opinions about Zog but I am not going to write him off so early in the season. Downing iirc got a lot of stick when he eventually recovered from injury but last season turned out to be one of our best players. It wouldn't surprise me if people are lauding Zog in a few months time, but likewise he may flop - but hasn't YET.

I know times are not great but we have what we have and for now I will give Zog the benefit of the doubt - in reality we also have no alternatives. It's going to a looooong season.....

The problem is with Zog is that he was expected to be our shining light before he even kicked a ball.

We've seen our 2 most creative, if not best, players leave and be replaced with the Zog. People are always going to expect him to hit the ground running and to light up the league like our former players are doing at their new clubs.

He'll be a decent player, but I'm afraid that'll be about it, dont think he's suddebly goign to turn into world class, and therefore will probably be labelled a flop as a result.

I don't think anyone can deny that he's failed to deliver so far. There's a good player in there and I have no doubts that he'll come forward, hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm not against benching him for a few games. Sometimes that helps. The big problem is that the options are slim. But maybe Albrighton could gain some confidence if he was to be played more, especially after his trade marked delivery against Everton.

The problem is with Zog is that he was expected to be our shining light before he even kicked a ball.

We've seen our 2 most creative, if not best, players leave and be replaced with the Zog. People are always going to expect him to hit the ground running and to light up the league like our former players are doing at their new clubs.

He'll be a decent player, but I'm afraid that'll be about it, dont think he's suddebly goign to turn into world class, and therefore will probably be labelled a flop as a result.

For a french international who cost nearly £10m he should be playing better than he is

Â