Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

To be honest, I thought he had more of a turn of pace/another gear when he attacks but he goes backwards a lot and doesn't seem to want to do the full back.

I think he would do a lot lot better if we have Bannan/Ireland/Makoun playing because they will get the ball to him quicker as they are just so comfortable on the ball and can pass a lot better than most in our team.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do feel for the bloke - he was built up into our star signing. Some on here were saying he was better than Young. IMO he hasn't flopped because despite being a reasonable player he was hyped up into something he wasn't - expect 1 good game in 5 - and between 4-6 goals per season. The expectation on his shoulders is riddicolous - if he was that good Manu and pool would have gone for him over young and downing.

I don't see the point of your last point. It just seems to be something people use as a negative against N'Zogbia.

The whole reason players like Young and Downing are sought after are because:-

A) They're English.

B) They don't have past attitude issues like N'Zog.

C) They're older.

Teams like Man Utd are in the top tier of the league, we're in the second tier. Therefore they get to sign the players with the better current ability and we're left with potential. If that potential is reached, we then sell to the top tier for a large amount of money.

That's how football works, you were probably the type of person to say why weren't Man Utd after Young when we signed Young and Downing when we signed him. It's exactly the same :|

The idea is to set the team up from the start of pre-season good enough to see out the season finishing within the top tier, so that the players will then most likely stay at the club..

Unfortunately because we have sold our best two wingers the Zog has no time to settle in and needs to start performing now!! Not his fault but the fault of the Board who seem to have started some kind of closing down sale this summer!!

He has alot of pressure on his shoulders and it's obviously not helping matters!

To be honest, I thought he had more of a turn of pace/another gear when he attacks but he goes backwards a lot and doesn't seem to want to do the full back.

I think he would do a lot lot better if we have Bannan/Ireland/Makoun playing because they will get the ball to him quicker as they are just so comfortable on the ball and can pass a lot better than most in our team.

Agreed.

He looked the best for me against Blackburn with Bannan inside. That's not to say he was poor against Wolves - I thought he caused them problems - he just didn't have an easy outlet with 3 forwards all being static and occupying the same blade of grass.

He always has been bit inconsistent.

Always did find it bit ironic when some posters on here slagging off Ash last year but same time bigging up likes of N'Zogbia....

That was always quite strange...bizarre even

N'Zogbia is a good player just that he is far less consistent than the wingers we just sold.

He always has been bit inconsistent.

Always did find it bit ironic when some posters on here slagging off Ash last year but same time bigging up likes of N'Zogbia....

That was always quite strange...bizarre even

N'Zogbia is a good player just that he is far less consistent than the wingers we just sold.

Spot on!

Unfortunately we need Mr Consistant in the side NOW!

N'Zogbia has always been one of those players who will do something magic out of nothing every 4th game and then be pretty quiet the rest of the time.

Man United and Liverpool payed big money for consistency when they took our wingers. We have got inconsistent flair and someone with potential in return.

Let's spell it out. So far he has been poor shading into anonymous. A lot to do to justify his transfer fee.

How was Downing or Youngs 1st 3 games for Villa. Hardly spectacular

Young scored on his debut. Downing scored in his first start against Pompey in League Cup

Hello ..

He is one of the best players to control the ball in his legs .. Actually he is the best in our team !

Just wait for him ..

I really would like to see this ..

Bannan ..

N'Zogbia .. Gabby ..

Bent ..

Best attacking threat that we have ..

I really think N'Zogbia might give us alot .. maybe alot than Ashley and Downing ..

And let's wait and see maybe some transfers are coming .. hopefully we might have more to feed Bent !

Let's spell it out. So far he has been poor shading into anonymous. A lot to do to justify his transfer fee.

Young scored on his debut. Downing scored in his first start against Pompey in League Cup

Young got an assist (for Carew) in his second game as well IIRC

With Zoggy, you get one good game in 4/5, but those good games are usually really good.

Its a bedding down process at te moment and a little bit of a learning curve for both the Zoggy, the manager, and his team mates. He will improve as the games go on, as i think we are witnessing. He was not brilliant on saturday, but it was not as bad as he was at Fulham.

I think Saturday he was trying just a little to hard to show us what he can do. If he had released the ball earlier on certain occasions, we would of won the game, and singing this guys praises!

Young got an assist (for Carew) in his second game as well IIRC

I seem to remember Young starting rather slowly (although he scored on his debut) but improving and then the following season he showed what he was capable off.

Â