Prometheus - Alien prequel..or is it..

NowDoINotLikeThat

Ok, not seen it so I'm going to ask the question. Where does it rank alongside 3 and Resurrection?

I personally think it is better than them, yet I wasn't really that into either. I would say it is quite far behind 'Alien' and 'Aliens' though.

Go in expecting something that looks very nice and has a couple of very special scenes. Also, don't expect the same kind of atmosphere that was present in the first two films, as it's just not there.

Word of mouth on it is ****' terrible already.

Looks like I'm seeing it Tuesday. Still kinda looking forward to it but increasingly with 'rubber necker going past a particularly interesting looking car crash' curiosity.

Just on the bus goin home after watching it.

I can't do the spoilers from my phone so all I will say is that I quite enjoyed the film but why oh why oh why did they do it in 3D???

The whole film was shot in 3D but they didn't actually use it apart from when all the blue words were floating about on the screen.

I went to the IMAX to watch it so didn't have the choice of 2D and for as great as the screen is at IMAX it's the most uncomfortable cinema in Birmingham, next time I will sacrifice the big screen for a comfortable 2D showing

Ok, not seen it so I'm going to ask the question. Where does it rank alongside 3 and Resurrection?
Nowhere near as good as 3, on par with (maybe marginally better than) Resurrection.

Was a little disappointed personally, probably a 6.5-7 movie still though.

I thought the ending was going to be with the big guy sitting in that big chair thing, then he gets impregnated as such and the alin comes out. Or is this not the same planet from the first Alien? Didn't really make sense of some of the stuff that happened and there was some stupid things in there - like Charlize Theron's death, why run along where the ship is falling, rather than just stepping to the side? Stupid things like that annoy me!

If only they'd gone for a more tense build up to the scarier scenes it could have been brilliant. Especially at the end, there was an opportunity to make it very good indeed. Impressed with the scale of it overall.

Just back. Saw it in 2D. Thought it was excellent. Only quibbles are with the music, very Star Trek, I really worried at the start as I fully expected a monologue from Shatner. Also, a needless romance was a tad contrived, even if it resulted in future unfortunate events integral to the plot. I also feel some of the minor characters could've been cut. Fassbender was fantastic. Noomi was good. The script wasn't as bad and 'big talk' as some made out, and I love a bit of 2+2=4 dialogue. It looked stunning, really stunning. It was well paced and it certainly helped knowing that it was part of a potential trilogy. I imagine if you went to see it expecting a singular film you'd be pissed off.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised and a few minor quibbles aside, I thoroughly enjoyed it. 8/10.

Never have I seen a film before that I could pick out so many holes in the plot, all these clever scientists were stupid morons that did the most illogical of things.

A poor film and nothing to do with it being it being connected to some classics.

Some good actors acting very badly too.

On a par with "the phantom menace" in terms of a let down.

Oh dear Ridley, that could have been so much better.

Agree on the music with the other posters and the acting is very 'meh' if im honest. 5/10 for me.

Just seen it and enjoyed it very muchly.

***********SPOILERS FOLLOW************

I would have liked the temple/WMD factory bits to have been a bit tenser, especially with the two scientists bumbling around in the dark.

Fassbender was immense.

The caeserian scene was pretty brutal!

I didn't feel there to be anything out with the script, the pacing to was on the money and the whole film a looker of sexy proportions.

I liked the nod with the unevolved Xenomorph, but thought the Space Jokey would cop it in the ship and presumed he had woken up with a chest burster in him.

I am rambling a bit, but I did wonder why the Jockey committed Hari Kari at the start?

***********SPOILERS FOLLOW************

The caeserian scene was pretty brutal!

but thought the Space Jokey would cop it in the ship and presumed he had woken up with a chest burster in him.

I am rambling a bit, but I did wonder why the Jockey committed Hari Kari at the start

That's honestly the first time I've ever felt nauseated during a movie.

Yeah that's what I thought was going to happen, was a little disappointed when he then ran back to the ship. Thought that would've been a good way to lead onto Alien.

After watching the movie, I assumed it was him on an early Earth spreading his DNA?

Make a quote box and then colour the text inside it white. And where you'd normally put whoever you were quoting, just whack 'Spoilers' between the quotations.

Edit - so like this

So change this text to whatever you want to ask

Honestly anyone saying its on par with phantom menace in terms of a let down either a. had their expectations set way too high or b. is mental

Â