Prometheus - Alien prequel..or is it..

NowDoINotLikeThat

saw it yesterday...same conclusion.

The first half is good, tense, interesting, etc.

the second was just a bit stupid. Plus, it left me with way more questions than answers - so much so I was trying to work them out rather than just enjoying the film. That said, I will buy the directors cut as I agree that it seemed that loads had to be cut.

I pretty much share the same opinion. I thought it was a good movie. The cg was great and it felt really real. There were some boring parts and there are a lot of unanswered questions but I expected that. There was no way the movie would answer all the fans questions. Overall for me a 4/5. Anyone can watch it regardless if you've seen the other films. My rating is solely on the movie not the other movies' influence. It is a good film.

7/10 from me. It won't be seen as one of the best in the history of films, but it was decent enough. I didn't expect to get that many answers. But I do expect a sequel.

Theron and Elba are the stars.

• 2 months later...

There's a lot of talk of, at the very least, the bluray having about 30 minutes of deleted scenes. No word if it's been recut with them in... but I'd figure not.

After all, Ridley Scott doesn't do Directors Cuts (:crylaugh:), because the Directors Cut is the one he puts in the cinema. And Prometheus was exactly the vision he wanted when it was released in the cinema (:crylaugh:), and hadn't been cut to ribbons at all (:crylaugh:).

Not that an extended cut is saving it, mind. :(. I still liked it but it's a mess and a disappointment, shouldn't even be uttered in the same breath as the film it's allegedly a prequel to.

If you don't expect a masterpiece and aren't terribly invested in the Alien universe, it's a decent watch. It's greatest success is how it looks - it's stunning beginning to end.

Thats about it though. It's absolutely riddled with flaws and problems and plot holes and crap dialogue and absurd scenes and bad acting. When I saw it at the cinema a couple of scenes that are supposed to be horrific, or encourage empathy with a character, had people laugh at the unintentional hilarity of it all, because of how badly the scenes were done. It's also clearly been hideously badly edited, hence there being half an hour of cut scenes apparently on the home release.

It's greatest success is how it looks - it's stunning beginning to end.

Sounds like my kind of film then. I've been told I'm very superficial numerous times in life so this movie could be right up my alley.

It's not a good film. I could enjoy it on a superficial level, it being pretty and can be watched fairly brainlessly (arguably it falls apart if you engage your brain, tbh), but its too riddled with silly flaws and mistakes to be good.

Â