Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

On 10/12/2016 at 23:18, Mantis said:

Behind Westwood for me. There are at least some things Westwood does well but I just don't see anything that Gardner does particularly well?

Heading and shooting ability, I think that Westwood and Gardner are completely different player. I think they both bring different qualities to the side, Westwood is more conservative than Gardner but is also effective in his role. Gardner has the ability to arrive late in the box and finishes extremely well, they are both very valuable players to us I think

On 12/10/2016 at 18:14, av1 said:

This isn't aimed at you Jonah, more the point of the midfield. 

I just find it funny how the vast majority of us agree that this is probably the worst midfield that many of us have ever seen, yet many are still really critical of our performances under Bruce.

To be perfectly honest I'm just amazed he has picked up so many points with a midfield of Westwood and Gardner. 

My sentiments too.

• Like 1

Could probably squeeze 500k out of Forest for him. QPR are dreadful and he still looks clueless watching them ping it about. Just zero game intelligence of where to stand, where to move, where the play is going....and he isn't very good on the ball.

I would hate to see him against a team that can actually play.

Edited by rodders0223

He's just not good enough. Bruce knows both him and Westwood aren't up to the job and I fully expect him to bring in a couple of CM's in January, or at least try to. 

The most frustrating thing thing is, either him or Westwood has to play to make up the numbers. 

His long passing technique is fantastic. Sadly he doesn't seem to actually notice where any of his teammates are and just pings it anywhere. When watching the game today I saw the ball gliding through the air and I thought to myself "Wow, what a ball!", only to realise that there is no Villa player within 50 yards of where the ball will land. Absolute crap.

• Like 1

Â