Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I thought Gardner was the worst player in our squad, then I saw Jedinak play. 

Midfield three needs to be Westwood, Tshibola and Gardner without question. Still not strong though is it! There is no combination of two that works, four would mean having too much crap on the field so simply chose the best three of a bad bunch.

Personally I'd be playing 4-3-1-2. No point putting on all our best players if they're playing in the wrong position and are worse than the alternative, i.e. our best players are all strikers but we can't play them all so decide on the system that works best and then put the best player for that position in it.

Gollini

Richards Chester Baker Amavi

Gardner Westwood Tshibola

Ayew

McCormack Kodjia

Like it or not, Richards will be better for us than Hutton or Bacuna in that position. Baker is much better than Elphick, despite being average. Amavi needs games and will offer far more than Cissokho. Ayew offers far more consistently than selfish, no end product, lightweight, rely on being fouled Grealish. In a Villa shirt, Grealish does nothing but win occasional fouls then whine the rest of the time when he loses it or is pushed off the ball like a small little boy. But that's for the Grealish thread...

Subs Grealish for late spark, Gestede for height/strength when needed, Hutton if we need to close up shop and then any youngster that deserves it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Praying we can/do recall Sanchez and Veretout in January. The latter has 5x the ability of our other mids.

Yes. These two are definitely superior to what we have. Tsibola I like, and I also think Lyden was good from the limited times I saw him.

Westwood and Gardner - not good enough.

Jedinak - we were had.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Yes. These two are definitely superior to what we have. Tsibola I like, and I also think Lyden was good from the limited times I saw him.

Westwood and Gardner - not good enough.

Jedinak - we were had.

Tshibola yesterday though...was so frustrating. He looks so laboured and the game just completely bypassed him. Is Lyden a CM btw? What kind of CM is he? Guessing a standard, tenacious type of CM?

He was really good for Nottingham a couple seasons ago. The fans were unanimously saying he was premier league quality. We don't know if RDM wanted him playing a way he wasn't used to or good at. I'd give him a clean slate with Brucey. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Richard said:

No no no. Just because our midfield is crap does not mean we are at the Gardner level yet. He's awful . It us like saying we aren't scoring let's give Gabby a chance 

Awful but 10 times better than that useless word removed with the beard

All of our midfielders are looking even worse than they are by just having one man alongside them. It's too much for them to handle.

A three of any combo of our CM's would make the team, and themselves look a lot more capable IMO.

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Had a better game for us today, Great pass for Adomah who eventually created the goal.

He is ahead of Westwood right now because he can release the ball quicker.

I'd also suggest he's ahead of Westwood as he's utter, utter shit.

Gardner is proven at this level. Westwood is proven in League Two, has been woefully out his depth in Championship not to mention Premier League. 

• Like 1

Â