Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I can normally take the positives out of any situation but GG last night was laughably bad I can't even defend that.   Weird as he had not been around the team last season thought he would have more confidence but he looked as shell shocked as the rest!

He collapsed with everyone else but in parts I thought he looked ok. His drive and cross should have resulted in a good chance and he played a nice through ball to ayew to cross. 

First half was better than his first half against Wednesday 

• Like 1

I thought he was pretty good in the first half and first few minutes of the second half before everyone collapsed. He definitely should never start in a 2 man midfield though, or at least a 2 man midfield without a genuine enforcer as he's too weak for that and gets overrun easily. 

Thinking of it wasnt it GG who gave the ball away early in the move for there 1st goal?Still think he's sh*t and if he was any good the last few managers wouldnt of sent him out on loan

Yes give the lad a chance. There were worse players on the pitch than him. He controlled the game for 30 minutes first half. Theres a lot of pressure on him because he's been here so long and this might be his final chance.  and he is far more talented than his brother, 

Edited by PaulC

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I mean I guess, if you want to count the reactions and opinions of fans who have spent over a decade in the lower leagues on him as hyperbole.

yeah, I agree, I thought the consensus of the forest fans was he looked alright at first and then turned out to be pretty shit, which has a familiar ring to it.

He was better than he played against Sheff Wed, but still needs to improve to stay in the side. He was looking for the ball a lot more yesterday, and hit some half decent passes.

Sad thing was the performance of the defense behind him in the second half. It would of been difficult for most midfielders to have looked good, when you defense didn't have a clue how to defend. You can start to question what you should be doing, and what you did well before starts to drift away.

At present, he is no worse than any of the other players at center mid, shows how important it is to get at least one more in.

Â