Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/02/26/nottingham-forest-fans-react-to-gary-gardners-performance-agains/

Dougie Freedman’s unbeaten start as Nottingham Forest manager stretched to five matches on Wednesday evening, as the home side came from behind to claim a 2-1 win over high-flying Bournemouth.

Andrew Surman gave Bournemouth a third-minute lead with a long-range strike, before defender Jamaal Lascelles levelled things up 18 minutes later when he shot from the edge of the area through a crowed box to claim his first goal since last April.

Henri Lansbury’s free-kick then put Forest ahead just before the break, and Freedman’s men stayed in front for the duration of second-half to keep their faint play-off hopes alive with 13 Championship fixtures remaining.

Having taken 13 points from the past five matches to move up to eighth in the table, one of the key reasons for their recent revival has been the form of on-loan Aston Villa midfielder Gary Gardner, who appears to be thriving in a deeper defensive role under the new boss.

With the youngster’s presence in front of the back-four freeing up Ben Osborn and stand-in skipper Lansbury to push forward, fans have been more than pleased with his impact, and a number took to Twitter following the Bournemouth result to hail his latest run out and even call for his permanent signing.

He's on loan there until the end of the season, and his contract is up at Villa in June 2016!! I hope Tim gives him a chance next season!!

Edited by Villan4Life

If the worst does happen, I can see a renewed sense of optimism and enjoyment for the game amongst our fans next season (once we have got over the fact we are on the championship) as we go with Robinson upfront, Grealish on the left, Gardner in the middle.

Loan moves into the championship are great for younger players but a full season playing in the championship as a group and gelling together would the best introduction they could get for their villa careers as they move into the prem the year after (hopefully).

4k, 5k attendances away from home, a team of talented young homgrown players and a disposal of the 'got a new contract do **** all' parasites we currently have would be a great cleanse from the perpetual dismal bollocks we currently endure.

• Like 1

If the worst does happen, I can see a renewed sense of optimism and enjoyment for the game amongst our fans next season (once we have got over the fact we are on the championship) as we go with Robinson upfront, Grealish on the left, Gardner in the middle.

Loan moves into the championship are great for younger players but a full season playing in the championship as a group and gelling together would the best introduction they could get for their villa careers as they move into the prem the year after (hopefully).

4k, 5k attendances away from home, a team of talented young homgrown players and a disposal of the 'got a new contract do **** all' parasites we currently have would be a great cleanse from the perpetual dismal bollocks we currently endure.

I think that optimism will quickly disintegrate when it becomes apparent that that approach is also shit.

We've (or a lot of people) been optimistic before. Start of lamberts 2nd season. I remember one quote even saying it was the most they've looked forward to a season since the European cup win.

The club is rotten to the core, and it will take a lot more than Gardner and grealish to sort it.

Think many clubs have tried and failed at this approach.

I've been pretty down on Gardner but he is playing well in the Championship. If we go down, there's absolutely no reason for us not to use him. If nothing else, he's used to the experience of playing in the league whereas few of our other players are. For the same reason, I would bring Bennett back into the fold as well. 

I'm obviously not hoping that the teamsheet on the first day of the season contains all of Gardner, Bennett, Grealish, Robinson etc, but going down is a chance for us to increase the participation of our youngsters. 

Â