Match Thread

wedge

in this game most of the players have been. why make excuses for a shit performance? what good does it do to pretend we are playing well?

It's a pre-season friendly used to find weaknesses in the side, and we're finding them out. If you get so pissed over a nothing game I worry for you. McLeish will certainly learn more right now then he did in the Blackburn game.

We really need a defensive midfielder. I can see alot of opponents walking through our midfield with ease.

Of course! Because Petrov is shit and NRC was the most consistent player we had last season, but if people on here want to big up Petrov till the cows come home because it floats their boat while we continue to lose matches and AVFC want to let a player like NRC go to Bolton as a free agent and not replace him because they think Petrov is an awesome dude and can totally do a job of breaking up play then what the **** can I do about it other than bitch and moan every game it happens and hear people bullshit on about how awesome a player Petrov is.

I just don't see any real match winners in that current line-up, which worries me.

I think Albrighton could be one, yet he isn't having a great day. Bent is the obvious other match winner, yet he isn't on the pitch. Basically we lost our two biggest match winners in this transfer window and we look weaker without them.

Great work by Stan there.

I have no problem with us getting totally out classed today. It might be a reality check that the management and board need.

You reckon Randy and the general are watching ? - or even interested ?

I have got no problem with us being the poorer team (lets face it, Chelsea are in a different league) but some players look like they can't be bothered.

Which players?

Ireland defensively has been a joke. He's not closing down and just jogging between players. Incredibly frustrating.

I have got no problem with us being the poorer team (lets face it, Chelsea are in a different league) but some players look like they can't be bothered.

Which players?

Ireland defensively has been a joke. He's not closing down and just jogging between players. Incredibly frustrating.

It's absolute doddle intercepting a ball being passed around between a Chelsea midfield 3 consisting of Lampard, Mikel and McEachran in ridiculous humidity. You should try it yourself.

#greatfans

...and so it begins....get used to the feeling we will get plenty of this next season

Being 1-0 down to Chelsea?

Yeah, possibly twice a year.

We're not good enough and 4 or 5 short of a competitive squad

If you think this is acceptable you're having a laugh