Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Have to say I didn't think Guzan would make it as a Villa player especially after that 6-4 game against Blackburn in the cup semi final a few years back. However he did impress me in the spell he played when Given was injured and was suprised when we let him go last summer. However I know have to say he is the best keeper I have seen in my lifetime at Villa.

I didn't think he'd make it either, but only because it's particularly difficult for a goalkeeper to break through into a side with such limited opportunities to do so. Having Friedel replaced by Given looked to be the end for baby Brad. I'm just thankful Lambert had the strength of his convictions to drop the higher profile (and well paid...) Given in favour of him.

There are some really good keepers in the premier league in fairness....

I actually think Hugo Lloris is the best keeper in the league with Begovic a close 2nd. Brad of course is fantastic, De Gea is much improved from when he joined two years ago, Cech looked to be declining but had a very strong year last season, Tim Howard is very consistant, Mingolet has started well at Liverpool even if he looks a bit dodgy on high balls. Tim Krul is an excellent keeper, made some good saves in the VP game last year.

In my mind those are probably the best 8 keepers in the league. Would put Joe Hart in there but he's having a dodgy spell at the minute. I've probably missed out somebody really obvious aswell.

Premier league has a very strong group of keepers around.

There are some really good keepers in the premier league in fairness....

I actually think Hugo Lloris is the best keeper in the league with Begovic a close 2nd. Brad of course is fantastic, De Gea is much improved from when he joined two years ago, Cech looked to be declining but had a very strong year last season, Tim Howard is very consistant, Mingolet has started well at Liverpool even if he looks a bit dodgy on high balls. Tim Krul is an excellent keeper, made some good saves in the VP game last year.

In my mind those are probably the best 8 keepers in the league. Would put Joe Hart in there but he's having a dodgy spell at the minute. I've probably missed out somebody really obvious aswell.

Premier league has a very strong group of keepers around.

Howard's been pretty bad for the last year. A lotta gaffes and not near the saves guzan makes.

He could legitimately hold his own at any club in the world. Does that make him world class?

I wouldn't like to list the top 5 keepers in the league but I'm damn sure he's in there. He has to be. The thought that there might be somebody better than him boggles the mind.

• Like 1

Nah Begovic and Lloris have to be in the top 5 for me, Lloris is a bit like Reina, excellent playing as a sweeper keeper and with the ball at his feet, Brad often miskicks back passes.

And parrying the ball back into the 6 yard box for the second goal wasn't the brightest idea.

Â