Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

Wasn't Enckelman good until his fluff in that derby?

Not really. He always made me nervous. That was just a "see, told ya!" moment - even if technically it should've been a corner (the dumbass).

Do not forget Scott Carson, terrible.

Ah, y'see I think Carson was good 'til his England cock-up. He never recovered. Fragile lad that he is.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Enckelman good until his fluff in that derby?

Not really. He always made me nervous. That was just a "see, told ya!" moment - even if technically it should've been a corner (the dumbass).

Do not forget Scott Carson, terrible.

Ah, y'see I think Carson was good 'til his England cock-up. He never recovered. Fragile lad that he is.

I thought that but he has simply never 'recovered' which says to me he wasn't good in the first place. 4 years and he's still no better.

You love going against the flow don't you Richard?

No doubt you will be on here gloating as soon as Given picks up an injury ....theres nothing wrong with preferring Foster however to call Given a 'rubbish' signing is ludicrous although hardly surprising with your penchant for coming out with such 'shock' statements

Just a point. Richard didn't say rubbish, so I don't know why you wrapped it in quotes. And while I'm in the pro-Given camp, I've seen plenty of others that aren't. The only thing I would say to Richard's point of preferring Foster is that if we do have a limited budget then the likely £12m fee for Foster would have affected us far more than the £60k p/w wages that Given will cost. So while Foster might have appeared a more ambitious move, I believe Given is the better goalkeeper and furthermore, he allows us to strengthen other parts of the squad more effectively, so for me it's a win-win. But I appreciate not everyone sees it like that.

He did say rubbish ....I can't find the post (and maybe he edited it) but he definitely said it.

I agree totallly with your post btw

This won't be done till monday now I guess.. we do tend to take along time wrapping up deals.

There are loads of deals that take just as long at other clubs but we choose not to focus on them. If a transfer is anounced at a club, how do we know how long it has taken to complete behind the scenes?

You love going against the flow don't you Richard?

No doubt you will be on here gloating as soon as Given picks up an injury ....theres nothing wrong with preferring Foster however to call Given a 'rubbish' signing is ludicrous although hardly surprising with your penchant for coming out with such 'shock' statements

Just a point. Richard didn't say rubbish, so I don't know why you wrapped it in quotes.

Have to say I think Given would be a rubbish signing.Much prefer Foster

This won't be done till monday now I guess.. we do tend to take along time wrapping up deals.

Lets hope they are wrapping up his shoulder aswell.

Everytime he goes down on it will have me wincing. And lets hope that every time he does, its not at the back of his mind :?

Still think Foster is the better long term plan.