The staying in OT as the VT forum is soul destroying thread

dAVe80

So I thought the VT forum had improved since the season started, then I looked in the General's thread. Never have I seen such cretinous point scoring on this site before, it is utterly embarrassing to see Villa fans acting as such. Many of the posters are ridiculing the Posting For Effect guidelines on the site and have been for some time, there's one offender you manages to spout his drivel every two pages. Does anyone else find it as cringe worthy?

I just came in to say this, I even punched my wall in disgust. It's just **** pointless and only reason they post it in there is because they know other posts can't tell them to "shut the **** up you boring word removed."

It wouldn't make a difference if he didn't come back - the idea is dead, it's purpose has been surpassed, it is pointless.

As for whats posted there, yes it would be nice if everyone was respectful, but thats never going to happen. And frankly some of the stuff that is put to him is warranted - he's said some bloody stupid stuff that were effectively lies insofar as the truth/reality is concerned, he can reap what he sowed.

So I thought the VT forum had improved since the season started, then I looked in the General's thread. Never have I seen such cretinous point scoring on this site before, it is utterly embarrassing to see Villa fans acting as such. Many of the posters are ridiculing the Posting For Effect guidelines on the site and have been for some time, there's one offender you manages to spout his drivel every two pages. Does anyone else find it as cringe worthy?

Well said.

I disagree with those who say the thread has no purpose because if it didn't why has it not died a death like many other threads on VT. The fact that some are commenting on it and how some are hijacking it for personal crusades and trolling shows that many still do care and would like to see it continue

I just came in to say this, I even punched my wall in disgust. It's just **** pointless and only reason they post it in there is because they know other posts can't tell them to "shut the **** up you boring word removed."

Why can't people just post what they mean instead of having every post dripping in double meaning?

Why do people continuously ask questions they know the answer to?

Why is here so much double speak?

Why are people the way they are?! :evil:

Missed the game today totally as on way to London. I thought this would be a turgid draw.

Just been catching up after hearing how well Herd played at RB from friends & family who watched the game on TV.

After reading VT I now feel like slitting my wrists... apparently Herd didn't really have alot to do today because Matt Jarvis isn't THAT good

down the wing. :shock:

I got to about 65 mins into the game before logging into VT, amazing what a difference there was between my experience and that of the forum. Our very own Nottingham based mod seemed to be leading the charge with the negativity.

The daft thing is, we all want the same thing (pretty much), but we fall out with each other because we define this same 'thing' in different terms.

None of us wants us to fail, whatever the foundation. We are all Villa through and through. Success is relative. Times have changed and our past isn't a pre-cursor for where we should be right now (at the forefront).

We're a great, great, club. We'll continue to be a great club. as long as we act with decency, our history cannot be erased. Our future may or may not be as we all want, but the game has changed so much, so quickly, that it is difficult to maintain our basic expectations sometimes.

UTV (the end, no matter what)

The daft thing is, we all want the same thing (pretty much), but we fall out with each other because we define this same 'thing' in different terms.

None of us wants us to fail, whatever the foundation. We are all Villa through and through. Success is relative. Times have changed and our past isn't a pre-cursor for where we should be right now (at the forefront).

We're a great, great, club. We'll continue to be a great club. as long as we act with decency, our history cannot be erased. Our future may or may not be as we all want, but the game has changed so much, so quickly, that it is difficult to maintain our basic expectations sometimes.

UTV (the end, no matter what)

Bloody good post!!

I quite agree we all want Villa to suceed we just have different views on what success is at times!!! What people have to remember is that the people who are negative and the people who moan about the negativity are actually as boring as one another at times (and yes I put myself in one of those brackets)!!

The only person who has destroyed the General's Thread is the General himself! He has been disrespectful, made silly comments and has been liberal with the truth at times! He has made himself a target and could have handled the situation a lot more professionally IMO!

I always thought VT was surposed to be a bit of fun and I always try not to take things too seriously! Getting wound up is easy especially when we are talking about something we all love and have flowing through our veins but us arguing in cyberspace is futile! Stay calm, sit back, chillax and laugh!!! Some things are so much better when you do!

Its like smashing yourself around the head with a lemon wrapped in a gold brick.
Not like a Pan-Galactic gargleblaster, then (that's like being hit with a gold brick wrapped in lemon - totally different effect).

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm glad I'm not the only one who shakes my head reading the main board. It's a bit like an explosion of body parts, gross and horrifying, yet impossible to look away from.