What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The only Chameleons album I currently own, I did have more. This is their second album from 1985

First pressing with gatefold sleeve and insert

Very under rated band The Chameleons

R-981805-1256397223.jpeg.jpg

I really like The Chameleons and don't feel they get the plaudits they deserve. They aren't an easy listen but once you get them, the rewards are worth the perseverance. 

• Like 2

Still in the '80s and an old (and current) friend. Bumped into Ian a few weeks ago which was nice

The Icicle Works - If You Want To Defeat Your Enemy, Sing His Song

It seems I actually paid good money for this album I can't fathom out why when Boots is a mate

R-1603160-1254328822.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

I know I said tribute albums were generally crap but here's another exception

Bills, Aches and Blues. A celebration of 40 years of 4AD records. Current 4AD recording artists cover current and former 4AD artisits songs so you have the likes of...

Aldous Harding covering Revical by Deerhunter

Tune-Yards covering Canonball by The Breeders

Future Islands covering The Moon is Blue by Colourbox

You get the picture

Some good and interesting stuff on here but there's a cover of Song to the Siren, which is clearly a cover of the This Mortal Coil Cover of the Tim Buckley song, the TMS cover being the best version of the song ever and all other versions pale by it's side, this ones no different

R-19649335-1627475562-9002.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

I know I said tribute albums were generally crap but here's another exception

Bills, Aches and Blues. A celebration of 40 years of 4AD records. Current 4AD recording artists cover current and former 4AD artisits songs so you have the likes of...

Aldous Harding covering Revical by Deerhunter

Tune-Yards covering Canonball by The Breeders

Future Islands covering The Moon is Blue by Colourbox

You get the picture

Some good and interesting stuff on here but there's a cover of Song to the Siren, which is clearly a cover of the This Mortal Coil Cover of the Tim Buckley song, the TMS cover being the best version of the song ever and all other versions pale by it's side, this ones no different

R-19649335-1627475562-9002.jpeg.jpg

Kim Deal well represented on that.  

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Best Steely Dan album by a street. They should have kept David Palmer and Elliott Randall in the band. 

My first Steely Dan record, doubt it'll be the last.

Â