What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 19/11/2021 at 14:58, rjw63 said:

Neil Young stopped doing overdubs decades back, that's why even his studio work sounds live.

I find it slightly amusing that Neil is obsessed with ultra-high quality hifi sound, vehemently against the like of mp3s. Yet his performances are (gloriously) the very definition of rough, shambolic noise. I guess he wants you to hear the bum notes in a more pristine form. Personally, I think the shitty transistor radio is the ideal medium for NY and Crazy Horse. 

I had a yearning for this befoe bed. Specifically side 3 of The Black Album by The Damned. One track, the 17 odd minutes of the absolutely bonkers Curtain Call

This is most definitely not Punk Rock, if anything, it's Prog and what the punks were totally against. It blew my mind at the time and I think it still does. I used to just lie there in the dark in bed, then get up to put it on again, more than once. It's definitely responsible for widening my musical horizons in my formative years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/11/2021 at 22:51, bickster said:

I had a yearning for this befoe bed. Specifically side 3 of The Black Album by The Damned. One track, the 17 odd minutes of the absolutely bonkers Curtain Call

This is most definitely not Punk Rock, if anything, it's Prog and what the punks were totally against. It blew my mind at the time and I think it still does. I used to just lie there in the dark in bed, then get up to put it on again, more than once. It's definitely responsible for widening my musical horizons in my formative years

Totally agree, I love that track. Very much like The Doors - Vanian doing his very best Jim Morrison: "The lizard sheds his skin", indeed. 

• Like 1

Weird shit!

Strain, Crack and Break - Music from the Nurse With Wound List Volume One (France)

The Nurse with Wound list is a list of musicians and bands that was included with Chance Meeting on a Dissecting Table of a Sewing Machine and an Umbrella (1979), the first album by Nurse with Wound.

There are 291 entries on the list. The list was expanded with Nurse with Wound's second album, To the Quiet Men from a Tiny Girl (1980).

The list was compiled by the original Nurse with Wound trio of Steven Stapleton, John Fothergill, and Heman Pathak. It was intended as a homage to the artists who influenced the Nurse with Wound project. It has since become a type of 'shopping list' for collectors of outsider and avant-garde music

.[Wiki]

This album on FInders Keepers features artists from France that were on the list. There is a second volume available which is German artists on the list, I don't have this yet but it's on the long list.

It's definitely out there!

R-14109870-1568023097-6736.jpeg.jpg

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Imagine trying to compile it pre internet.

A crazy impressive bit of research.

Yep and it was even before Julian Cope wrote Krautrocksampler which brough a lot of the German bands back into people's memories too. Some of this stuff is obscure now, it was more than obscure in 1979

• Like 1

Â