What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Saw El Goodo supporting SFA on the Phantom Power tour - they were decent so bought their album off the merch stand. 

Admittedly haven’t followed them that closely since. 

They tread a fine line between ‘songs by numbers’ and a beautiful simplicity. But they are the right side of that line. In that respect I’d put them in a similar part of the musical Venn diagram as Murry The Hump / Keys.

We’ve got a full drum kit set up out the conservatory, and this album feels like you can play along to a few of the tracks.

1, 2, 3. 1, 2, 3. 1, 2, 3.

I strongly suspect I have their new album for Christmas.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

I think this is getting re-released on vinyl early next year. I have his current album (Milk City Sweethearts) on my long list after hearing a track called The Toffee Tickler

He's very late '70s / early '80s Stiff Records. If he'd been around then, he'd have been on Stiff without a doubt

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think this is getting re-released on vinyl early next year. I have his current album (Milk City Sweethearts) on my long list after hearing a track called The Toffee Tickler

He's very late '70s / early '80s Stiff Records. If he'd been around then, he'd have been on Stiff without a doubt

Started listening to him after hearing 'Broke'. He's right up my musical street at the moment, really good stuff.

• Like 1

Marc RIley regularly calls this the greatest debut album ever. I'm not sure if that is true or not. It is however an alltime classic and I never tire of hearing the interplay between Tom Verlaine and Richard Lloyd's guitars

If you've never heard this album, you really should give it a go, it's influenced so much of the music following in it's wake

R-4258382-1463432957-5133.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bickster said:

Marc RIley regularly calls this the greatest debut album ever. I'm not sure if that is true or not. It is however an alltime classic and I never tire of hearing the interplay between Tom Verlaine and Richard Lloyd's guitars

If you've never heard this album, you really should give it a go, it's influenced so much of the music following in it's wake

R-4258382-1463432957-5133.jpeg.jpg

Saw this on eBay the other day from a seller I buy quite a few albums off. I’ve heard about it, and it looks pretty cool. Was tempted to try and win it, I mean that’s one of the fun things regarding LPs, that you take risk and buy albums you aren’t sure about or never heard of. I will probably end up buying a copy .

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Saw this on eBay the other day from a seller I buy quite a few albums off. I’ve heard about it, and it looks pretty cool. Was tempted to try and win it, I mean that’s one of the fun things regarding LPs, that you take risk and buy albums you aren’t sure about or never heard of. I will probably end up buying a copy .

It's a great album but really not confident it's your sort of thing in all fairness. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know how much that would be on eBay with postage, but I’d expect an average record shop to have a new reissue stocked for less than £20.

Mine was less than £15.

I do tend to play the album just in anticipation of the one track, but it is a doozy. Just the correct side of noodling self indulgence.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t know how much that would be on eBay with postage, but I’d expect an average record shop to have a new reissue stocked for less than £20.

Mine was less than £15.

I do tend to play the album just in anticipation of the one track, but it is a doozy. Just the correct side of noodling self indulgence.

An older copy would probably be more than £20, there's three copies of my version for sale on discogs in the UK, the cheapest is £19 plus £4.10 postage the others are hitting £30 with the postage

Mine isn't even a first press, its a German repress from an unknown year, released in the 80s as a Nice Price i.e. cheap album that I paid £4.49 for new. It is nowhere near the top of the collectable pile, though it is in very good condition, it's even still in the original shrink wrap

I definitely think a modern repress would be cheaper and better, you'd probably get a more heavyweight vinyl than the earlier presses for starters

There seems to be plenty of the 2012 repress on black 180g on discogs for a marginally lower price. The later versions are all coloured vinyl, double albums ???? (it does not warrant a double album)

Â