What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

33 minutes ago, blandy said:

After mentioning her to @HanoiVillan yesterday, I've just listened to both the CDs I've got and now moved on to Christina Vantzou CDs No. 2 and now No.4.

Calming.

Just listening to the album of the track you added yesterday right now!

Really good stuff, thanks for the recommend.

If you're looking for other cello instrumentalists, I'm really enjoying stuff by Okkyung Lee and Gulsah Erol, and I have been re-listening to Hildur Gudnadottir again too.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm really enjoying stuff by Okkyung Lee and Gulsah Erol, and I have been re-listening to Hildur Gudnadottir again too.

Consider the favour returned. Thanks. I shall investigate forthwith.

• Like 1

Inspired by @Seat68 I'm on Wire's latest - Mind Hive. One of those bands that I really do believe are producing some of their finest work. Both the last two albums have been great

Indies only Limited Edition with Orange Artwork and embossed sleeve.

R-14694873-1598126907-2138.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

And now I'm onto Pete Astor's The Weather Prophets, Diesel RIver. A Compliation of their early work released before a full length debut in 1986 in Germany but plenty made it to these shores

I also think I'm heading for a discogs argument over this over the date of release

R-1610079-1514829070-7222.jpeg.jpg

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

And now I'm onto Pete Astor's The Weather Prophets, Diesel RIver. A Compliation of their early work released before a full length debut in 1986 in Germany but plenty made it to these shores

I also think I'm heading for a discogs argument over this over the date of release

R-1610079-1514829070-7222.jpeg.jpg

I have a few by them but I don’t think I have that. The compilation I have is the one from 89, Temperance Hotel and a few 12”s. They never disappointed and were, for my money at least, as strong with b sides as well as the a sides. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

I have a few by them but I don’t think I have that. The compilation I have is the one from 89, Temperance Hotel and a few 12”s. They never disappointed and were, for my money at least, as strong with b sides as well as the a sides. 

I kind of lost touch with them after this I think, as I came to them from The Loft and by 1987 I was buying stuff to play in clubs and not so much for pleasure

I found it a bit of surprise that this was a compilation to be honest, it never occurred to me. You can usualy tell when something is a compilation, different production values on each track and all that but this, nah its pretty consistent, especially when Almost Prayed was a Janice Long Session track.... scrap that, pretty much everything on this album was released with Almost Prayed (Except for Worm in my Brain which was on the Creation Compilation - Different for Domeheads) so I suspect they were all recorded at the same time except for Almost Prayed. Different B=sides on different versions of the single

• Like 1

On 05/05/2021 at 18:55, Seat68 said:

image.jpeg.aa26c07c01a6f815c7e6e92a75e22a86.jpeg

As albums go its near perfect. 

This is the kind of stuff I really don't get.

Granted I spent a lot of the mid 80's drunk but still, I don't see why this stuff is supposedly so great.

No offence CamperVan Man ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

This is the kind of stuff I really don't get.

Granted I spent a lot of the mid 80's drunk but still, I don't see why this stuff is supposedly so great.

No offence CamperVan Man ;)

None taken. I just love it in all honesty. Some do and some don’t get it, there aren’t rules. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

See the source image

best album they've had in years, it manages to skirt around being middle of the road to my ears, love autumn has come

could do without the narration though, never my thing that on albums

It’s certainly growing on me after several listens.

currently listening to Squid- Bright Green Field which is also a cracking album. 

Â