What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

New Johnny Flynn album 'Lost In The Cedar Wood'. Co-written with Robert Macfarlane (who is a stupendous author in his own right). Always prefer Flynn live with his resonator though:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bollocks, I drove past bakewell the other week. Missed opportunity, especially as I was on a record buying mission

Cracking little shop with a wide variety. Prices were reasonable I thought. 

• Like 1

Listening to one of the albums that came today. Its quite interesting, it is an LP issued to American Airforce bases, they interview artists and play some of their tunes. Its a country music show on 2 sides. I bought 9 or 10 of them basically for one disc. A great little oddity. 
Foolishly I promised today that I won’t buy any more vinyl until I have listened to my backlog. Unfortunately I made this promise after I put bids in on 5 other LPs. 

C7EA5BA5-3D9D-48F1-B7B8-1C034EC1B317.jpeg

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Foolishly I promised today that I won’t buy any more vinyl until I have listened to my backlog.

Lying about vinyl purchases is legally allowed. It is the law

• Like 1

spacer.png

Matt Berry - The Blue Elephant

A change of direction from the introspective Folk stylings of his last album (the superb Phantom Birds) - This is more psychedelic, acid-tinged 60's pop and as usual for MB, it's bloody great!

• Like 1

Not too familiar with his solo stuff, but I’m a big Jefferson Airplane fan, so thought I’d take the risk and buy it. It features Grace Slick, too, so hoping it’s good. US first press.

E14E9FE4-B7DC-4FD9-9FF9-521A4B3C26F9.jpeg

• Like 1

Need some suggestions for new music.  Struggling to find anything I like outside of my usual preferences such as Pearl Jam, Linkin Park, and Bublé!

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Need some suggestions for new music.  Struggling to find anything I like outside of my usual preferences such as Pearl Jam, Linkin Park, and Bublé!

New or old ? If it’s new music I can’t help you much. We like what we like at the end of the day. Trying to force yourself to like something different probably won’t work .  What draws you to like a song? Is it a good riff, or maybe the vocals do it for you?  Can it be heavy, or can you listen to more laid back stuff? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not too familiar with his solo stuff, but I’m a big Jefferson Airplane fan, so thought I’d take the risk and buy it. It features Grace Slick, too, so hoping it’s good. US first press.

E14E9FE4-B7DC-4FD9-9FF9-521A4B3C26F9.jpeg

Not bad at all. Exactly how I thought it would sound. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

New or old ? If it’s new music I can’t help you much. We like what we like at the end of the day. Trying to force yourself to like something different probably won’t work .  What draws you to like a song? Is it a good riff, or maybe the vocals do it for you?  Can it be heavy, or can you listen to more laid back stuff? 

Old or New tbh. Definitely love a good riff, not into heavy rock, opera or musicals but will give pretty much anything else a go 👍

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Old or New tbh. Definitely love a good riff, not into heavy rock, opera or musicals but will give pretty much anything else a go 👍

Try Thee Oh Sees, OCS, Osees lots of riffage psyche rock, heavy in places (but not heavy rock as such), Damaged Bug (All John Dwyer)

Or there's a lot of stuff by Ty Segall, there really are too many band names to be arsed mentioning them all. From both of the above there are also all sorts of associated acts like Mikail Cronin

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (industrious output - released 6 or 7 albums one year)

Or there's anything with Ripley Johnson in, Moon Duo, Wooden Shjips (not a typo), Rose City Band, all contain Ripley's trademark guitar, much more trippy than those above

a single album recomendation - Frankie and the Witch Fingers - Monsters Eating People Eating Monsters...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â