What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

An album that I return to time and time again and slowly making its way up to my favourite of all time. Dion’s Spector produced 1975 album, Born To Be With You. Dave Edmunds has a great song named Born To Be With You, which is a favourite and whilst searching for that a year or two back, this Dion album came up. It blew me away. Was lost how something so good could have passed me by. I felt the same way the first time I heard Soul On Fire by Lavern Baker

image.jpeg.db5f377700501478b0736aad7b9c22d0.jpeg

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

image.jpeg.84b0604e487e588fa5305bb316a93577.jpeg

I looked this guy up as it wasn’t totally clear from the sleeve what the genre was. I can’t believe how prolific he was. 74 to 80 he released 15 albums. Thats 15 studio albums. 

36 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I looked this guy up as it wasn’t totally clear from the sleeve what the genre was. I can’t believe how prolific he was. 74 to 80 he released 15 albums. Thats 15 studio albums. 

And I would imagine an awful lot of those 40 minute albums took the best part of an hour to record!

Bought it specifically for the track ‘None Shall Escape The Judgement’ which I must have on plenty of CD’s but have contrived never to get it on vinyl. So it was an item to cross off my long list.

But! I would also say, it’s a pretty shoddy reissue. To make a 1970’s Jamaican recording even rougher, that’s takes some weird talent.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

Galaxy 500 - On Fire. A CD I've sort of obtained today

R-1354487-1582585598-7195.jpeg.jpg

I have the follow up, This Is Our Music but Blue Thunder on this is a banger. (Banger is the language of the streets Bicks. Just go with it). 

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have the follow up, This Is Our Music but Blue Thunder on this is a banger. (Banger is the language of the streets Bicks. Just go with it). 

I have the 12" of Blue Thunder, you are correct apart from your poor use of terminolgy, it is no ordinary sausage, it is the finest Bratwurst

The 12" also has a great cover of Ceremony

• Haha 1

And onto something else I obtained today

Loop - The World in Your Eyes. A compilation of their early material from 86 - 87 which includes a decent cover of Suicide's Rocket USA. It's not quite the full on sonic attack dog that they eventually became

This is the material they were playing when we did a gig them in  some strange church hall in Lincoln.

R-937724-1175220753.jpeg.jpg

Sarah Neufeld.

Well it’s borderline classical / ambient with only a handful of instruments, violin, synth, saxophone, french horn and a drum. Not sparse, but not exactly wall of sound. 

Bloody loverly though, very atmospheric, in a lovely radox* bath sort of way, not in a moody murderer sort of way. Plus I got copy number 100 too, which is a nice number.

image.jpeg.ecdf7c126bb3cba9abf0f02800196a0a.jpeg

Ipad keeps trying to auto correct to a radon bath. The gentlest of killers, the radon bath. On this occasion, ipad might be right.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Sarah Neufeld.

The internet is expensive. 'Cus it's raining, I went on the computer to listen to music and ended up buying this to go with Hero Brother.

And that meant I pre-ordered Lightning Bug's LP that comes out in June...y'know, because that's the way the law works.

But at least I can carry on listening to Phantastic Furniture now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

The internet is expensive. 'Cus it's raining, I went on the computer to listen to music and ended up buying this to go with Hero Brother.

And that meant I pre-ordered Lightning Bug's LP that comes out in June...y'know, because that's the way the law works.

But at least I can carry on listening to Phantastic Furniture now.

It is a bit expensive the internet. I’ve got another 2 coming next week... and then potentially a couple more in the first half of June.

I might have to give it a rest... other than I’ve already pre ordered the next Richard Norris, due out early July.

I definitely need to give it a rest and listen to what I’ve already got.

• Like 1

Stumbled across this over the weekend and I love it.

I’m sure it will also appeal to those who like the likes of Ty Segall/Oh Sees/KGATLW! 

they could easily take band name of the year for me 

Grave Flowers Bongo Band - Strength of Spring.

I used to run. Then I got fat and stopped exercising. Then covid happened which made me eat and drink like it was christmas every day. This week I started running again. Running is a loose definition as its via couch to 5k but anyway. When I started to run years back my soundtrack was Panic Prevention by Jamie T, its just played and I still love it as much as the day I first heard it. 

• Like 1

Â