What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Lee Scratch Perry and Friends - Open the Gate

A three album box set from 1989

The price sticker says £11.99 and bought from Probe, in which case I probably paid around a tenner with the discount I got back then. Median price these days in the region of £50

The box is a little worn but the vinyl is mint

R-510944-1369334962-1775.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Alexa misheard what I asked for and ended up playing this.   Hadn't heard any of it before but there's some really good stuff in the playlist 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Alexa misheard what I asked for and ended up playing this.   Hadn't heard any of it before but there's some really good stuff in the playlist 

I’ve got Alexa on at the moment . I’m playing Muddy Waters , Electric Mud album . You’ll probably like it, if you like some of the stuff on that list. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

@rjw63

Just pre-ordered the 4lp colour vinyl for £79.99, it seems only 500 copies available.

Think I'll have to get the CD too as it'll have extra tunes!

I've done exactly the same. Wife is getting CD set for my birthday but I had to pre-order the coloured vinyl as soon as I saw it 🤗

• Thanks 1

New Wolf Alice album out today. 

Listened a couple of times and it's good, but it's gonna get boring REAL quick. Nothing interesting under the surface of what you hear on first listen really. Definitely a "what you hear on first listen is all you're gonna get" type album. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I've done exactly the same. Wife is getting CD set for my birthday but I had to pre-order the coloured vinyl as soon as I saw it 🤗

Excellent.

Where did you order the CD from? I noticed Amazon France of all places seemed the cheapest option but I haven't checked again today!

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Excellent.

Where did you order the CD from? I noticed Amazon France of all places seemed the cheapest option but I haven't checked again today!

I haven't, I'm leaving it to her!

• Like 1

Just now, Designer1 said:

31 years old today and still one of my favourites of all time. Still remember the first time I heard it not long after it's release.

Superb.

spacer.png

Absolutely fantastic! I don't listen to it enough these days.

• Like 1

Â