What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Just now, Seat68 said:

That Ramones album is flawless start to finish. The last with the classic lineup on instruments as well. Not to say they didn’t  produce works of art after that, and its not even in my top 3 Ramones albums but for what it is, its a classic. 

Lets just say I was very pleased when that got picked! Definitely one of their best without a shadow of a doubt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

For reference Too Tough To Die, Leave Home and Animal Boy. 

Really? Leave Home I understand but Too Tough to Die & Animal Boy are "non-classic" era (so to speak). I know that these were a return to the older sound after End of The Century and the next 2, but still a little surprised if I am honest. Not to say there are not good tracks on them and do like them, particularly Too Tough To Die, but not sure I would put them at best. 

I posted up there my 3 favourite Ramones albums. They are the popular ones and at least one of them isn’t considered to be amongst their best work. If you were to name some great Ramones albums, they would not feature. 
My favourite Johnny Cash albums are from a period not deemed to be his best, late 70s and early 80s. Very much an over looked period of his life. Not what the cool kids bring up with their Sun Records and their Hurt. 
I am wondering about the reasoning behind these floating my boat. Is it because if you are a fan, a big fan of an artist or group you become over familiar with the great tracks and so need something off the beaten track? Or is it because it says I am cool check me out I prefer Highway Patrolman to Folsom Prison Blues. 

I think its the former. I want to hear Sheena Is A Punkrocker or I Walk The Line again for the first time. Thats gone though. 
This is why I prefer Let It Be to Revolver. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Really? Leave Home I understand but Too Tough to Die & Animal Boy are "non-classic" era (so to speak). I know that these were a return to the older sound after End of The Century and the next 2, but still a little surprised if I am honest. Not to say there are not good tracks on them and do like them, particularly Too Tough To Die, but not sure I would put them at best. 

I agree. I answered above but they really have some great tunes that get overlooked. Dee Dee is utterly **** phenomenal on Animal Boy as well. 

Edited by Seat68

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

For reference Too Tough To Die, Leave Home and Animal Boy. 

Meh.

Ramone wasn't even their real name.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

To finish off the day I've had:

Ulver - Drone Activity

Gentlemans Pistols - Hustler's Row

Nasum - Inhale/Exhale

Kylesa - Kylesa

How would you describe Hustlers Row? Its caught my eye so going to give it a listen tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

How would you describe Hustlers Row? Its caught my eye so going to give it a listen tomorrow. 

It's not bad to be honest. Pretty straight up rock but a bit of fun with a lot of puns. It also has the Carcass guitarist in it which is just fun. 

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Not that they’ve bothered putting the name of the guy on the cover, but it’s B.B. Seaton.

Very much the lighter / hotel lobby music end of dub.

The sort of music they put in the between scenes links on Death In Paradise.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

Not that they’ve bothered putting the name of the guy on the cover, but it’s B.B. Seaton.

Very much the lighter / hotel lobby music end of dub.

The sort of music they put in the between scenes links on Death In Paradise.

And it's called Revolutionary Dub :mrgreen:

Listening to Hustlers Row by Gentlemans Pistols as mentioned by @cyrusr  

Straight up rock, a more melodic Wolfmother. Who I dislike intensely. This is more akin to good early 70s rock. More Golden Earring than Led Zep. No direct Carcass influence up to now. 7/10 wb, wba. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Listening to Hustlers Row by Gentlemans Pistols as mentioned by @cyrusr  

Straight up rock, a more melodic Wolfmother. Who I dislike intensely. This is more akin to good early 70s rock. More Golden Earring than Led Zep. No direct Carcass influence up to now. 7/10 wb, wba. 

Yeah if you didn't know about the Carcass link you wouldn't be able to tell! Glad you like it. 

• Like 1

Morning... a cup of coffee and breakfast with this...

Various Artists - In a Moment Ghost Box. The trendy abstract label's sampler featuring the likes of The Advisory Circle, Belbury Poly, The Focus Group and Pye Corner Audio

R-7570642-1444252383-5357.jpeg.jpg

Â