What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

20 years old today I believe, one for all you Thom Who? fans

R-267133-1246917437.jpeg.jpg

I think that's the one with the Easter egg, isn't it - I'll have to get my copy out. Or is it Kid A? can't remember.

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

What did you make of it Chris? I liked it a lot and perhaps surprisingly to some I am not a huge fan of the band, more a casual listener. This album was the first of the bands that I liked start to finish. 

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

But they havent changed the cover to the less offensive still offensive name :mrgreen:

Some were and some weren’t, thats a weren’t copy. I have it dixie less. Pointless in my opinion but thats a different conversation. 

25 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Some were and some weren’t, thats a weren’t copy. I have it dixie less. Pointless in my opinion but thats a different conversation. 

entirely silly imo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

What did you make of it Chris? I liked it a lot and perhaps surprisingly to some I am not a huge fan of the band, more a casual listener. This album was the first of the bands that I liked start to finish. 

I came at it not really knowing anything they had done, to be honest. I was aware of them because of the name change so hadn’t even really known if the album was pre name change or what.

I thought it was really good, it’ll be on again today.

Put it like this, I bought a new new album by a band I like, and I ended up not playing it yesterday because this got a couple of plays.

More ‘pop’ than I’d expected but no bad thing for it.

• Like 1

Image result for wolf alice blue weekend

wolf alice - blue weekend

i like them, dont love them but definitely one the better main stream bands from recent years, the last album had some great punchy quick tempo punkish songs but for me the longevity wasnt there, i dont listen to it anymore apart from the great dont delete the kisses (the spotify sessions recording)

the new album is very different, the punchier songs here are some of the weakest for me, it seems very deep, very lyrical and personal and takes a few listens to try and understand what shes on about, she has a great style of almost whispering and then belting out the chorus, delicious things being the best example which is also the song that i understood the lyrics to first and its an incredible song, probably their best to date, its a good album well worth a few listens

this should take off and be very successful for them and lead to them being high up festival bills, they're already headlining latitude this summer, not sure what kind of radio play they get 

• Like 2

See the source image

Royal Blood - typhoons

Id say these are in a similar position, i like them dont love them, listened to the first 2 albums then it kind of died down, seen them live and they were great, would ahve expected them to keep growing and getting bigger and flirting with headlining festivals...but this isnt that good, they've gone for a different sound, ventured out from the crowd, its not safe rock riffs anymore and i just cant get in to it, theres nothing there thats grabbed me

• Like 1

spacer.png

Trees Speak - Post Human

The third album in about 18 months from these guys. 

It’s a difficult one to rank, so probably needs a bit more of a listen. Some of it sounds suspiciously like their management have given them a load of Deutsche Elektronische CD’s and said we need something that sounds a bit like this by next Thursday.

But then, there’s a couple of tracks that are up there as good as anything they’ve done and probably my two fave tracks by them. Double Slit, and Glass, both are suitably repetitive motorik stuff that brought me here. Other tracks, beginning to head down a slightly jazz filler route. 

Perhaps other bands might have had one album in 18 months and it was terrific. These guys are releasing something every six months which I guess roughly means one finished new track every couple of weeks. If there’s a fourth album and it’s released in 2021, I’ll probably want more of a listen before buying. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Image result for wolf alice blue weekend

wolf alice - blue weekend

i like them, dont love them but definitely one the better main stream bands from recent years, the last album had some great punchy quick tempo punkish songs but for me the longevity wasnt there, i dont listen to it anymore apart from the great dont delete the kisses (the spotify sessions recording)

the new album is very different, the punchier songs here are some of the weakest for me, it seems very deep, very lyrical and personal and takes a few listens to try and understand what shes on about, she has a great style of almost whispering and then belting out the chorus, delicious things being the best example which is also the song that i understood the lyrics to first and its an incredible song, probably their best to date, its a good album well worth a few listens

this should take off and be very successful for them and lead to them being high up festival bills, they're already headlining latitude this summer, not sure what kind of radio play they get 

It's a bloody good album.

I really like them as a band, every release has been a banger and this is no exception.

Â