What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Across the 2 Corona Logic albums, my current faves are:

Fire In My Heart - Carwyn Ellis 

we sing this at the footy and it’s a beautiful thing to behold done as a football chant

Inconvenience - Keys

never really listened to it before, they’ve taken a run of the mill song and improved it, so fair play

Slow Life - Laser Safari

brave choice and they’ve gone a bit weird and it works, the start of an SFA gig, you hear those first notes and the crowd goes nuts

Ice Hockey Hair - The Hepburns

I’d never have thought of giving it a slightly chirpy happy go lucky lounge singer vibe, love it

Golden Retriever - Carys & Branwen

It’s grrrrrrreat!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They’re going to be one of those bands, aren’t they. The one’s you think you don’t know or even don’t like and then one by one you go, yeah I like that one, and that one, yeah and that one...

I love REM. Always have, right from the early days. But anyway, the reason for this post is to say if you don't know them, or whatever, there's a DVD I've got which is probably on the youtubes these days. It's of a gig they did in Germany early 2000's and it makes me happy every time I watch it. So many tunes.

Yes, it's here - ( I can't actually see it on the 'puter, I just get 

Access Denied

Policy Denied)

But hopefully it works and is the right one

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cyrusr said:

So decided to mix up today and allow Discogs to pick a random album for me to listen to. My morning so far has been

Cannibal Corpse - Butchered At Birth

Drudkh - Їм часто сниться капіж (They Often See Dreams About the Spring)

The Offspring - S/T

And now onto 

A - How Ace Are Buildings

Odd morning...

The first 3 are solid ngl

15 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

The first 3 are solid ngl

From there it has been:

Converge - The Dusk In Us

Boris - Boris At Last: -Feedbacker-

Conjurer/Pijn - Curse These Metal Hands

And just started

Pitchshifter - P.S.I.

• Like 2

And to round off the day:

The Offspring - Let The Bad Times Roll (not a random choice, CD arrived today)

Goblin Cock - Bagged and Boarded

With Rob Crow doing Goblin Cock and Anal Trump, might need to investigate Pinback his actual band... 

4 hours ago, cyrusr said:

From there it has been:

Converge - The Dusk In Us

Boris - Boris At Last: -Feedbacker-

Conjurer/Pijn - Curse These Metal Hands

And just started

Pitchshifter - P.S.I.

Listened to Boris - Akuma No Uta today. Solid band!

Converge is great and Conjurer too. Solid taste mate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Listened to Boris - Akuma No Uta today. Solid band!

Converge is great and Conjurer too. Solid taste mate.

Cheers. Love Boris, Akuma No Uta is a great record.

Looking forward to the new Conjurer this year though, that joint album is absolutely superb.

Suns up and after the day I've had (which I have no-one else to blame but myself) its time for a beer and some Dub whilst my pizza cooks and I decide what to play next

The tracks on this are clearly at the start of the period whare Lee Scratch Perry was having a huge influence on the Jamaican dub scene as there's some great effects being used and the unorthodox is slipping in, the use of a house doorbell on the final track "Dub Three" is both hilarious and inspired

Joe Gibbs and the Professionals - African Dub Chapter 3. Cheapo Dub album, shite cover always a winner.

R-4984211-1397662571-6784.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

The Living Brain - Two Sides of the Brain

A retrospective of mid to late 90s Scouse garage band, fronted by Ged Lynn who used to be in the Stairs. For me its a band that reminds me of stuff from the time but being brutally honest they were better live than thisbut I like the amateurishness of it

R-15234117-1588446736-9900.jpeg.jpg

Next up, from the end of last year but wasn't in the shops before Xmas, my mate Dave (The Room / Benny Profane et al) and Paul Cavanagh (The Room / Top et al)

Bought partly out of loyalty but also because I really do like them but I can't tell my mate Joe that because him and Dave don't get on any more (former bandmates) and whilst trying not to get involved...

Bah anyway... The Room in the Wood's second album We're the Martians Now

R-15445620-1591641652-3490.jpeg.jpg

Â