What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

29 minutes ago, Bob Funkhouse said:

Hadn't heard of them before the documentary they did but they sounded great on that. I've gotta give this a listen. 

Oh definitely. I hadn’t either but just had to buy this after watching the documentary, sounds really good! 

A record that is buried deep in the Liverpool musical psyche, aparently this is down in large part to Geoff Davies, owner of the Probe Plus label but the amount of bands that have referenced this is large, including every Band Michael Head has been in.

Greatest ever album released by Elektra? (feeling the Doors fans heat already)

Love - Forever Changes.

I own at least 3 copies of this on various formats and rarely will a month go by when I haven't played it

R-1157303-1264444904.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Very Underrated album. I have a first pressing with an Interview Disc as a bonus item. Julian is as much of a loon as ever in the interview from what I remember

I also have this strange memory ofthe first time I heard Spacehopper was when his brother Joss' band Frieght Train did it. Both Julian and Joss shared Donald Ross Skinner as a guitarist at that time too

• Like 1

Sunami - S/T EP (2020)

SUNAMI STYLE, BITCH

tumblr_inline_pds2k2ob3h1qz4rgp_540.gif

Did you know, apparently, according to this record, there are two types of people in the world; those from the bay, and those who wish they were. 

Personally, I was always more of a Neighbours man. 

• Like 1

R-12037574-1527032365-1558.jpeg.jpg

Wand - Perfume. Discogs classes it as an EP but 6 tracks at 33 rpm is an album (or mini-album) in my book

Vastly under rated band imo Wand should get more recognition, every album is a radical shift from the last

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Khruangbin, 12” remix of One To Remember

spacer.png

followed by…

Gruff Rhys, Tropical Messiah

spacer.png

followed by…

spacer.png

which so far, is excellent

The single is very Steely Dan (not a bad thing!)

will be purchasing imminently 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

R-531519-1383573789-5326.jpeg.jpg

I have and love this. It, and Playing With Fire taught a young me so much about music. Those releases made me investigate the influences and writers. Sound of confusion is an integral part of my music education. 

• Like 1

EF873458-D0CA-465A-93AB-AB91BB2513AA.jpeg

Record player bought for my birthday from the mother in law. I’m back in the vinyl club 🙂 got myself 8 albums so far. Got this one from a record store in Bakewell on Saturday. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

EF873458-D0CA-465A-93AB-AB91BB2513AA.jpeg

Record player bought for my birthday from the mother in law. I’m back in the vinyl club 🙂 got myself 8 albums so far. Got this one from a record store in Bakewell on Saturday. 

You got out early for good behavior, nice one 😁

What's that deck? Looks decent, not a Linn is it?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Apparently it’s a good un , but sod knows.  Audio-Technica . That’s what’s on it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

a record store in Bakewell on Saturday

Bollocks, I drove past bakewell the other week. Missed opportunity, especially as I was on a record buying mission

48 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

26 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Apparently it’s a good un , but sod knows.  Audio-Technica . That’s what’s on it. 

Audio Technica AT-LPW30TK I think

• Like 1

Â