What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Lauren Daigle - Look Up Child for Easy Piano - Lauren Daigle |  9781540045959 | Amazon.com.au | Books

The voice of a generation, what a blessing this woman is.

Obviously I've never heard of her, so I looked up her Wikipedia entry. 

'Voice of a generation' is pushing it a bit. 

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Obviously I've never heard of her, so I looked up her Wikipedia entry. 

'Voice of a generation' is pushing it a bit. 

Possibly, who else though? Adele?

You're right though, I got a bit excited and carried away.

I like Andra Day, and many female artists vocal ability is at that level for sure. I stand corrected.

I just really enjoy her overall sound, the message of her music, all of it. Brilliant.

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Possibly, who else though? Adele?

You're right though, I got a bit excited and carried away.

I like Andra Day, and many female artists vocal ability is at that level for sure. I stand corrected.

I just really enjoy her overall sound, the message of her music, all of it. Brilliant.

Well, I'm not even sure what generation she's supposed to be the voice of. And I know I'm an out-of-touch old codger, but I'd expect to at least to have heard of someone with that description. Adele I'd put down as a big seller, but culturally irrelevant. 

I'm not sure that generations have 'voices' any more, everything is too fragmented. From my era, Dylan used to get the tag. Since then? Dunno. Kurt Cobain? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Well, I'm not even sure what generation she's supposed to be the voice of. And I know I'm an out-of-touch old codger, but I'd expect to at least to have heard of someone with that description. Adele I'd put down as a big seller, but culturally irrelevant. 

I'm not sure that generations have 'voices' any more, everything is too fragmented. From my era, Dylan used to get the tag. Since then? Dunno. Kurt Cobain? 

Well, I suppose the reason I said it is this, in a generation where God is forgotten in the dogma laid down by modern day society, she may well be the voice of this generation. I know you and I differ on our ideas about this experience in relation to God.

But so you know, that's my thoughts. I appreciate your reply though, and you may be an old codger, but I disagree on any notion you are out of touch, I'd say you're for the most part on point.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Well, I suppose the reason I said it is this, in a generation where God is forgotten in the dogma laid down by modern day society, she may well be the voice of this generation. I know you and I differ on our ideas about this experience in relation to God.

So, she's the voice of a (Christian) subset of a generation? 

I was about to say that's a pretty small subset, but then I remembered about America. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So, she's the voice of a (Christian) subset of a generation? 

I was about to say that's a pretty small subset, but then I remembered about America. 

Donald Trump is the voice of the Christian subset of all generations of Americans at the moment, if you believe Evangelical leaders over here.  I'd be willing to take a punt on Lauren Daigle as an alternative. 🙂

36 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Donald Trump is the voice of the Christian subset of all generations of Americans at the moment, if you believe Evangelical leaders over here.  I'd be willing to take a punt on Lauren Daigle as an alternative. 🙂

There's no hope for them, the daft buggers. 

Anyhoooo

It's been posted before by myself and Chris but this is on right now.

The Secret Dub Life of the Flying Lizards by The Flying Lizards (AKA David Cunningham.) The recording originates from 1978, was never released at all until 1995 (CD only) and only released on vinyl in 2010. So this is a vinyl first pressing 32 years after it was recorded. And even then it was released only in Germany. It's actually Cunningham remixing an unreleased album by Jah Lloyd and he did an unbelieveable job on it considering the master tape he was working on was in mono. He had to invent new techniques just to get it to work. No-one knows who the actual musicians on this are, as Jah Lloyd never actually recorded who played on it

R-2482420-1286471929.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Vol. 4 (Black Sabbath album) - Wikipedia

I've been drinking far too much on a Friday but I've had a hankering for this, I'm just on Snowblind at the moment, I know for a fact that this is just going to open the door to many more albums tonight and I'm going to end up doing all of the alcohol that I have available and possibly getting UberEats to deliver me a few cans of special brew later on.

I'll start watching my alcohol consumption from next week.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

As an update, I finished VOL 4 and moved swiftly onto Rory Gallagher, drank my 8 cans ate my curry and got myself to bed.

Pretty decent result I reckon

I'd be out of commission for a week after that. 

A reissue from 1980 of a genuine 1967 Ska compilation. Club Ska 67

There are only two "Ska Classics" on this. Guns of Navarone and Shanty Town, plus a second division Pheonix City by Roland Alphonso The rest are all much less well known and that is why I love this album, these tracks were obviously well known back in 1967 but because they didn't get covered / rewritten by the 2 Tone era bands, they are pretty obscure these days. There's even a Rita Marley track - Pied Piper. Definitely not a Ska by numbers compilation

R-2119283-1345206510-8416.jpeg.jpg

Â