What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

The fairly recent Domino repress of this magnificent beast... Chorus by Flying Saucer Attack

Shoegaze meets Krautrock meets Space Rock in 1990's Bristol. It's actually a compilation of singles, rarities and an entire Peel Session but you really wouldn't know

R-7532424-1445163334-3153.jpeg.jpg

8 hours ago, bickster said:

The fairly recent Domino repress of this magnificent beast... Chorus by Flying Saucer Attack

Shoegaze meets Krautrock meets Space Rock in 1990's Bristol. It's actually a compilation of singles, rarities and an entire Peel Session but you really wouldn't know

R-7532424-1445163334-3153.jpeg.jpg

You said 90s. I furiously shouted bullshit at my phone. I was certain they were an 80s band, no. I should never doubt you. 

• Haha 1

Play testing an extremely rare and expensive acetate of Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue.

As you can see from the cover, it was still under a working title of "Who Made My Moonshine" at that point.

In Collectors circles only three people have one of these, now I'm one of 'em ;)

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Play testing an extremely rare and expensive acetate of Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue.

As you can see from the cover, it was still under a working title of "Who Made My Moonshine" at that point.

In Collectors circles only three people have one of these, now I'm one of 'em ;)

spacer.png

spacer.png

And you are the only one on Discogs who's got it, unless someone else is using your profile picture!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Xann said:

R-2239706-1271710551.jpeg.jpg.e4ad7e4e14a42550be3cd376c161a955.jpg

Yma Sumac & Moises Vivanco - 'Inca Taqui'

They're brittle. I'd suggest doing a transfer when (if?) you listen to it, then keep it under wraps.

It's in better nick than the other two I have. But it's been cleaned, played once, and nowi it'll go on the shelf with the others.

No need for transferring, I've got a lot of copies of this record 😁

Edited by rjw63
  • Haha 1

[controversial]

You know when that Madchester thing was going off all the way back in the dim and distant and the Stone Roses could do no wrong...

Well The Charlatans were always accused of riding on the Roses coat tails and at that time, probably the height of my DJing career, I'd have probably agreed

Now not so much, I listen to my Charlatans records and CDs far more than I ever listen to the Stone Roses

Melting Pot, an early Charlatans compilation, not a shit track on it

R-549356-1132351948.jpeg.jpg

Also this reminds me of my Ex, she was the one that got away...

She dumped the Charlatans Tour Manager to go out with me, which was a little awkward as he was my mate too

We lived happily together for 5 years until she got itchy feet

And yes, I'm still in touch with her and yes I still would

• Like 1

On 17/11/2020 at 18:22, Xann said:

181610-arca-kick-i.jpg.8468a3c6a37d83c34b02b94d75e367b1.jpg

Arca - 'Kick I'

Arca is a pretty cool producer, but never really clicked completely with me. I definitely respect her as a producer/artist but it's just not 100% clicking strangely enough. Her self-titled 2017 release and Mutant were pretty cool though so might give this a spin to see if it clicks better now.

Listening to this brilliant old progressive metal album from Danish VOLA in wait for their new album due sometime in 2021. They just released a new single "Head Mounted Sideways" that shows a lot of promise of similar high quality to come:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

So damn relaxing

It's a bit of a mix - as you say parts of it I kind of just zone out, but other parts are (for me) the opposite - really engaging, if that's the right word. The last track popplagið, (or untitled 8 ) is epic.

• Like 3

Â