What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

And seamlessly on to that other great melodica dub album...

image.jpeg.5f5da45a074c43647303da32d095afd9.jpeg

I don’t actually have very much Augustus Pablo, but Blandy’s CD the other day reminded of what Primal Scream must have been listening to between recording sessions on Vanishing Point.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

And seamlessly on to that other great melodica dub album...

I don’t actually have very much Augustus Pablo, but Blandy’s CD the other day reminded of what Primal Scream must have been listening to between recording sessions on Vanishing Point.

This is one of my favourites in my collection

R-484820-1127741036.jpeg.jpg

it is a dub of

R-1672192-1235927158.jpeg.jpg

I have them both in a double CD package. Which incidentally is one of those Cds that isn't worth 10p

• Like 2

Mid 80’s power pop.

One of those bands that sound perfectly ok on record, but man, the live gigs were just mad. Super loud, super high intensity, you had to be super fit to survive through the first three or four songs which would just get banged out without chit chat or break.

Something for all the kids missing the Jam to jump around to.

Was mid 80’s the time of casuals? I sort of remember you had to have just the right jeans and just the right trainers? i remember paying absolutely insane money for some Italian denim and then cutting all the labels off so only people that recognised stitching would ‘know’. Absolute douche bag.

image.jpeg.12b93df25ad655483423771fd528c5b0.jpeg

On 25/12/2020 at 13:05, bickster said:

First of the Xmas Pressie Haul

B C Camplight - Shortly After Take Off. 180g Clear Vinyl version. Considering this was released in April, I'm absolutely amazed that the missus managed to get the Ltd Edition Clear Vinyl first impression with the title track missing on the rear track listing. Chuffed with all the records I was given but to get this version of this album so late in the day is kinda a bit mind blowing

R-15191580-1587898817-7508.jpeg.jpg

Like this one?image.jpg

I hadn’t noticed a track listing missing

I have finished the vinyl! All in order. All logged into Discogs. Cds next but they are all in order already and being in the barcode generation they should fly in

Discogs has a pick a random record feature and this was what it picked when I pressed the button. Well it made an excellent choice this time and I could find it straight away

A bit more roots than my normal dub selections but a stone cold classic album nonetheless. Originally released in 1977, I think I bought my copy in the mid-80s and it's still playing like a dream

Culture - Two Sevens Clash. A Joe Gibbs production with a whole heap of musicians including Sly and Robbie and Tommy McCook

R-5267837-1389133414-8198.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Bless up!

Righteous Peng Sounds!

OK, so it plays on 45, still an album in my book, double album too...

image.jpeg.b86d36721646e8c7d62c3fb592a6bbd2.jpeg

The youtube version has nothing like the bass I’m currently feeling punching my skull.

• Like 1

This was staring at me from the shelves as I walked in the room (It's filed next to Beggars Banquet which I played yesterday)

Ok so at least three of the band are good mates of mine (they weren't at the time) but this is one of those albums that really should have made more of an impact than it did. It's a masterpiece

Three of the tracks are produced by none other than Tom Verlaine (of the band Television) the rest by John Porter (producer of The Smiths.)

I guess it was drowned out in the midst of the mid-80's Indie / post punk assault on our senses but it really did deserve to be acclaimed.

The Room - In Evil Hour

R-1248822-1302108397.jpeg.jpg

And now after the washing up and returning from foraging for supplies... feet up, cup of coffee, think about what to have for lunch and something a little more pastoral from the Wirral

Bill Ryder-Jones - Yawn

R-12741155-1541078717-7321.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â