What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Plus I’ve now got Szabó to seek out.

He's good. Just realised there's seven albums here, though that's cos you can get them on twofers. Most seem to be on Spotify.

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Popular Vuh.

You got into them? Florian Fricke is a New Age Lord.

33 minutes ago, Xann said:

You got into them? Florian Fricke is a New Age Lord.

Yeah, I had a Tangerine Dream CD years ago which I appear to have lost, but then I sort of rediscovered Popul Vuh on a couple of those Elektronische compilation albums that Sounds of the Universe do (couldn’t get vol 4, I was too slow).

It’s a tricky area, I appear to love the Krautrock and the German experimentation around that time. But I’m allergic to noodling prog rock. Somehow, I think they manage to stay the right side of a fine line.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, I had a Tangerine Dream CD years ago which I appear to have lost, but then I sort of rediscovered Popul Vuh on a couple of those Elektronische compilation albums that Sounds of the Universe do (couldn’t get vol 4, I was too slow).

Used this seller a couple of weeks ago. They were fine.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1200358132

• Like 1

New haul of vinyl today...

So far I've played

The Bongolian - Harlem Hipshake (posted before by me I think but I got the vinyl today)

Trees Speak - Shadow Forms (someone else posted this before, I suspect @chrisp65)

I'm currently in the middle of

Denise Sherwood - This Road (again posted by me before but I've finally got my hands on my vinyl copy)

I shall follow this up with the other two purchases both by bands I have a fair amount of other product by but have not heard a single track from either that I'm aware of

Mugstar - Graft (Deep Cherry Red Version)

R-16086717-1603195047-7782.png.jpg

and Osees - Panther Rotate (translucent yellow highlighter version)

R-16401072-1607524061-4583.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, Trees Speak were on again yesterday here at Chrispy Towers.

I’ve got that Denise Sherwood on the post Christmas list, and I keep meaning to have a listen to Bongolian as I suspect it could be right up my alley.

I’m done with purchases for the year, trying my best not to leave the house between now and Christmas and then planning to hit the purchases hard in the New Year if my invoicing goes to plan this week...

There’s a fair old backlog of vinyl to get through, but I suspect I need a back up stylus more than I need new records, I can’t remember the last time I had a new one so I must be about due.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve got that Denise Sherwood on the post Christmas list, and I keep meaning to have a listen to Bongolian as I suspect it could be right up my alley.

Denise Sherwood album is excellent and I do think the Bongolian is right up your Fford Y Mileniwm

I'm done with purchases this year though I will have a few to open on Xmas Day as the fambo were provided with a list, though I have subsequently been told the number will be reduced as some of them had sold out so I'll be owed a few

Only bought a new stylus a few months back but that will be on the NY list of things to do

• Like 1

Â