What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I really wish I'd bought all these when they were first out. I mean, I probably have all the tracks on various CDs, but the LP artwork was great. 

Yeah, me too I think I have 4 but one of them has gone in the pile for the tip because its so warped. But the full set would be great

• Like 1

Just listening to the new Springsteen. It tries very hard to evoke the old E Street Band vibe, and succeeds at least partially. Nothing groundbreaking, but I like it enough to probably buy it. 

• Like 1

Well there's a bit of a backstory to this one...

Swans - Children of God

At the time this was released Swans were billed as "The Loudest Band in the World." Around the time this was released I was still at Uni but starting to be involved with Benny Profane, DJing in clubs, putting on my own gigs etc

Myself, Joe McKechnie and Dave Jackson, were quite into them at the time, loved this album and they were booked to play at The Mardi Gras (owned by my mate and sometime DJ Partner at the time, Toby. I later owned the club myself)

Long story short, we went to the gig and F*** ME! it was loud, too loud for me and I was used to standing it front of speaker stacks at gigs, same for Joe, we both ventured to the back and outside onto the stairs where the security and management were and listened to the gig out there, it was just about bearable from there. Dave on the other hand stayed inside, his eardrum was pierced by the noise level.

This album will always remind me of Dave's pierced eardrum

Anyhow, back to now. The album has been in the unsorted pile for a good while as one of the two discs was missing, yesterday I found it lurking amongst the 12" singles I was going through. Decided to stick it in the collection today and mines in very good condition, people are paying between £50 and £60 for this and all the recent transactions are this year. Bit of a shocker tbh, never had Swans down as that collectible

R-388709-1210278484.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well there's a bit of a backstory to this one...

Swans - Children of God

At the time this was released Swans were billed as "The Loudest Band in the World." Around the time this was released I was still at Uni but starting to be involved with Benny Profane, DJing in clubs, putting on my own gigs etc

Myself, Joe McKechnie and Dave Jackson, were quite into them at the time, loved this album and they were booked to play at The Mardi Gras (owned by my mate and sometime DJ Partner at the time, Toby. I later owned the club myself)

Long story short, we went to the gig and F*** ME! it was loud, too loud for me and I was used to standing it front of speaker stacks at gigs, same for Joe, we both ventured to the back and outside onto the stairs where the security and management were and listened to the gig out there, it was just about bearable from there. Dave on the other hand stayed inside, his eardrum was pierced by the noise level.

This album will always remind me of Dave's pierced eardrum

Anyhow, back to now. The album has been in the unsorted pile for a good while as one of the two discs was missing, yesterday I found it lurking amongst the 12" singles I was going through. Decided to stick it in the collection today and mines in very good condition, people are paying between £50 and £60 for this and all the recent transactions are this year. Bit of a shocker tbh, never had Swans down as that collectible

R-388709-1210278484.jpeg.jpg

The thing with Swans is that they still pull decent crowds (saw them a couple of years ago) but their physical record are quite rare, so high demand for low supply. The live album i picked up at the gig "Deliquescence" lowest price on Discogs at the moment is £70.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

The Mountain Goats - Getting into Knives

Lovely as always. A band that never fail to cheer me up.

This is a great prompt for me now to trawl through my music for that one mountain goats track I loved. 

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Andy Bell (he of Ride and Oasis/Beady Eye fame not the Erasure guy!) - The View From Halfway Down

A decent listen so far - only heard the ‘single’ Cherry Cola on 6music this morning and got me listening to the album.

Sounds good but very Beck-like. 

• Like 1

Â