What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

VF

1.445 million vinyl albums were sold – a new record for vinyl sales in a single week since Nielsen/MRC electronic records began in 1991.

A few things to pick through there.

Records since 1991 being the obvious caveat on this record ‘record’.

I guess also there’s been less opportunity for people to be out spending on other stuff like actual live music.

I guess there will also come a point where this will tail off once everyone with a new turntable has caught up and bought their copy of the Iron Maiden album.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

VF

I guess also there’s been less opportunity for people to be out spending on other stuff like actual live music.

I guess there will also come a point where this will tail off once everyone with a new turntable has caught up and bought their copy of the Iron Maiden album.

I actually witnessed some bloke yesterday looking as excited as excited can be walking through town with his brand new turntable... It was made by SONY

And he'd bought some records to go with it... from a well known second hand shop.

A SONY turntable is bound to be twice the price it should be. Would they even make the list of best turntable manufacters... er No. And if you want to test a turntable, at least have one record that you know how its supposed to sound and is a very good copy

Anyway, I ambled by HMV on my way around town and the absolute dogshit people were buying on vinyl was a bit of a revelation

Then I ventured into Probe, where I bumped into and old mate Andy Cave who used to be the singer in The Tractors (Pat Nevin's Eyes), he was with his daughter and sanity was restored, she was looking at Joy Division records and other stuff that met with my approval, I gave her some advice on a few (which amused Andy no end) then I made him buy her an Augustuis Pablo album for Xmas

• Like 3

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

VF

To be fair, it does looks pretty cool...

image.thumb.jpeg.03f6276528f5abc2e4f7d23da051ad88.jpeg

Not that I own this or anything... :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I managed to get to a record shop again on Tuesday (To buy my own Xmas Presents!) and Mr Parker slipped me a CD (which again makes me a K Ultrax completist) of the two new half hour Michael and the Angelos "radio show"

Its's the smile time fabsville groovesome RADIO HOUR!

After asking pretty much everyone else The Hawk calls in Michael & the Angelos to cover his show while he attends the Annual Payola Convention.  A whole hour of rave ups from the sublime to the ridiculous delivered with the kind of professionalism we've come to expect from these bozos.

(For your listening convenience the show has been split into 2 half hours)

Go here to listen to both halves if a hilarious hour long radio show by fictional psychedelic Hanna Barbera characters is your bent.

Very funny and Bunnymen guitarist Will Sergeant is one of the characters

01674a_1e3d1e9713a5407cb05071787ee41743~

On 22/12/2020 at 16:02, Daweii said:

Planetary Clairvoyance by Tomb Mold 

Death Metal band from Canada. The band name was inspired by a crafting material in the game Bloodborne so they are as nerdy as they are brutal. 

Just checked this out this evening on your recommendation. Really good stuff!

• Like 1

First of the Xmas Pressie Haul

B C Camplight - Shortly After Take Off. 180g Clear Vinyl version. Considering this was released in April, I'm absolutely amazed that the missus managed to get the Ltd Edition Clear Vinyl first impression with the title track missing on the rear track listing. Chuffed with all the records I was given but to get this version of this album so late in the day is kinda a bit mind blowing

R-15191580-1587898817-7508.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

The games have been played and apparently it's TV time and we really don't watch the same TV progs and they have girly TV shows to watch. To the Man Cave...!

Third up from the Xmas Haul, another compilation

Paink - An anthology of early French Punk Classics (from the same label as Wizzz!)

R-4962529-1382903185-3777.jpeg.jpg

Next up is this

Frankie and the Witch FIngers - Monsters Eating People Eating Monsters... Neon Yellow Vinyl

West Coast US Stoner Psyche from the same school as Ty Segall / Oh Sees / Wand et al

But this album is an excellent example of the genre

R-16005958-1601747651-6875.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â