What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This is the sort of shit we own that I didn’t buy. I may need to look in the attic. 

Even the version without the free 12" is in the 25 quid region

Thats about 50 go's on the Bucking Bronco isn't it?

• Haha 1

Ah my new stylus turned up today, it's been hell!

I bought some new vinyl at the weekend

First up former Sonic Youther Thurston Moore's new double album -  By The Fire

The first disc is very much TM's Sonic Youth style, the second is very much more in the style of his original guitar teacher, Glenn Branca

R-15968849-1601213724-6545.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

I played the new Osees (Thee Oh Sees / OCS / Oh Sees) album before but I've now moved onto another Castleface artist.

Prettiest Eyes and their second album from 2017 - Pools

I already had their Vol 3 album from last year (which is great)

What are they like? A psyched up grungey version of Snapped Ankles might have you heading in the right direction I guess

R-11235341-1517389881-9981.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

And moving swiftly on... still in the Castleface school though... Kelley Stoltz has always been a huge Bunnymen fan and he recorded this just after his second album nearly 20 years ago, on an 8 track machine at home (more as a learning process than with release in mind). By 2016, he was actually one of the live members of the Bunnymen for a couple of years.

This is Stoltz covering the first Bunnymen Album Crocodiles, track for track

It's a curates egg, I'll admit and I'd consider this being done by a lot of people as sacrilegious but for some reason, I really like it

Kelley Stoltz - Crocodials, RSD 2020 release on Red Vinyl with free 7" of covers of Do It Clean and Silver (again by the Bunnymen) and completely oddly... Stumped by Minor Threat! EDIT: it turns out that the three 7" tracks are actually demo's a 14 year old KS recorded

R-15838740-1598779023-5224.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

Arrrggh! Like I said I've started cataloguing the vinyl collection. I've got to P and I decided to play The Pale Fountains - Pacific Street (Their debut album)

The first imprint came with a printed inner sleeve, subsequent ones didn't. My version is the original imprint by with a sticker over the catalogue number replacing it with the catalogue number of the second impression, something that does not exist on Discogs.

Bollocks, its a f**kton of work, can't be arsed right now, it's have to wait until tomorrow

R-671936-1257254707.jpeg.jpg

On 12/10/2020 at 22:44, bickster said:

Arrrggh! Like I said I've started cataloguing the vinyl collection. I've got to P and I decided to play The Pale Fountains - Pacific Street (Their debut album)

The first imprint came with a printed inner sleeve, subsequent ones didn't. My version is the original imprint by with a sticker over the catalogue number replacing it with the catalogue number of the second impression, something that does not exist on Discogs.

Bollocks, its a f**kton of work, can't be arsed right now, it's have to wait until tomorrow

R-671936-1257254707.jpeg.jpg

How the **** are you on P already???

I'm still on M, although I'm only doing half a dozen per day

Side note...just done all the Led Zeppelin, even the German reissues are worth twenty quid.

A well worn IV on plum atlantic is at least fifty notes

Edited by rjw63

15 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

How the **** are you on P already???

I'm still on M, although I'm only doing half a dozen per day

Side note...just done all the Led Zeppelin, even the German reissues are worth twenty quid.

A well worn IV on plum atlantic is at least fifty notes

I’m on T now, lots of mine have barcodes though, so I can just scan them in with my phone

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’m on T now, lots of mine have barcodes though, so I can just scan them in with my phone

Barcodes you say?

What is this sorcery...

• Like 2

Logged on to Amazon to look at the wishlist, it's been a while.

WTF - The prices have hiked enormously on back catalogue albums in two years 😮 

I think it likely Bezos is hiding price rises behind the Brexit failure's effects on Sterling and European imports.

Buy from the little guy.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Xann said:

Buy from the little guy.

Yeah. Bought 3 albums yesterday - that Denise Sherwood one @bickster pointed out, and the new Luluc album, plus their hard to find (in shops) first album - all off bandcamp from the artists. Otherwise I tend to use my local record store, or artist websites

• Like 3

It really is that simple, use it, or lose it.

I’m in a lucky position, my local is clued up, the prices are really good, and it is actually local (from the office). Right now, due to lockdown I’m not supposed to shop there, so she’s posting me a few bits n bobs in a couple of weeks time.

She has to make sure I’m still here after all this, I have to make sure she is.

No intention of buying or renting music from Amazon or Apple. That model cannot end well. That model sees you getting U2, literally whether you want it or not.

• Like 2

Love Bandcamp, but finding the short runs of physical formats frustrating.

Quite like to cogitate on stuff for a spell. Stream it for a bit, and if I still like it after repeated listening? Pull the trigger. Often stuff would be cheaper too, as the people that bought it early moved it on.

With Bandcamp you have to commit early, or it's gone and prices get silly.

Photo1629.jpg.0ac4804f3c10105ca01dbd3fa97c0a1f.jpg

My last Bandcamp purchase sold out on presale. A couple of stores have taken it and the cheapest offer is £12 more than the original asking price. 

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Love Bandcamp, but finding the short runs of physical formats frustrating.

Yeah. That as yet unrealeased new Luluc album- no CDs - only Vinyl or digital. I went for the Vinyl, but would have liked a CD. Still, they get a few more quid, and I get a lovely Emerald Green LP.

Other than an old laptop with a broken screen, we are currently completely sans CD player in the house.

The last of the CD players wasn’t great, but better than nothing. But it was recently sabotaged by the other half. It was close to a plant and during some watering the water went down the leaf of the plant and in to the CD player.

It continued pouring in to the CD player, with the exclamation ‘oh no, look what’s happening!’ But she didn’t actually stop pouring the water.

We shall buy something soon I’m sure. We nearly got there a couple of months ago and bought a little unit for the kitchen, but then dug out the CD player which is now up the garage, dripping.

Â