What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

44 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Yes, shades of Beck and Beta Band and Kid A in there too - the album is decent and more ‘electronic’ than expected (which isn’t a bad thing)

If Beck and Steve Mason got together to pastiche The Byrds

• Like 1

I bought this when it came out a couple of years ago and if I'm honest, only played it a few times. So I wasn't sure what I wanted to listen to so had a flick through the racks and it kinda said play me, so I did

It's actually a really good album and will be played a few more times in the not too distant future, maybe tomorrow even.

Thats one of the things I love about music, you buy something, it doesn't really grab you and then a couple of years later you think its great. That's why mood is so important in music choice

R-12588105-1538827260-5424.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

On 02/11/2020 at 21:01, bickster said:

It's actually a really good album

Everything she's involved with (e.g. Throwing Muses), or made herself is really good, IMO. Like you say, some of it is kind of slow to work it's way in to the mind, but it gets there, and then it stays there, I think. Very underrated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

If you were around in the mid-'80s and didn't own this, there was something wrong with you

There still must be. Mid 80s I was listening to Talk Talk, REM, Guadalcanal Diary, The Blue Nile, Japan, The Cure and a bunch of Surfie stuff, IIRC. Plus some local Newquay bands, oh and Talking heads. And New Order.

Never heard of that LP.

Just been listening to Tracy Thorn, another from the mid 80s.

• Haha 1

Â