What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

The Nextmen Golf Instructions, how that album passed me by I'll never know, lovely and cheeky

I love the Nextmen. They are quite picky about their output though, so not a massive catalogue for the amount of time they've been putting out stuff.

I am listening to Futurology by the Manics, and it's their best since 1998 IMO.

GOAT

CNgRgxqW8AAQ514.jpg

GOAT absolutely blew my socks off when I listened to their debut album only last week. I didn't actually know the band; it was through their bassist, Thundercat, that's I'd heard of them. I've got to say I'm not a fan of Thundercat's solo album on Ninja Tune, but this is an absolute beauty of an album 

fac3e91de52fdbb3c9f1df82e503a920-640x640

the tracks what went down and mountains at my gates are superb, right up there with anything else they've done, knife in the ocean is a great finish, overall though its not as good as the last two efforts, probably a 7/10 from me

saw them live (30 minute secret set) at reading at the weekend, when i got back their tour was sold out though :( riding high at the moment, deserve it, they're a great band

• Like 1

I'm doing a lot of going back and listening to old bands that other people always go on about but I've never really listened to.

So at the moment I'm listening to this

smiths_-_meat_is_murder.jpg

It's ok. Not as good as the first album

choose-your-weapon.jpeg

This beast of an album, Choose Your Weapon by Hiatus Kaiyote. Brings that lush, complicated yet not noodly type of jazz-infused future soul that makes for a perfect indian summer night. jam this s*** and feel me bro ^^.

• Like 2

electric_enigma.jpg

Stephen P. McGreevy - Electric Enigma: The VLF Recordings of Stephen P. McGreevy

Happy to have finally found a reasonably  priced, studio quality recording of this one for the archives. I  recommend listening  late at night /  early hours of the morning, to give an extra kick to the otherwordly atmosphere of the album.

Enjoy it.

Edited by useless

working my way through all my old Small Faces albums, mostly rehashed versions of 'best of' but due to labelling glitches and incompetence, the occassional rare gem dropped in there too

Small Faces very much in my top three.

COYohT4WsAEXMuc.jpg

• Like 2

Â