What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

never been into slayer, got their reign in blood album but thats it and i dont even think i gave that a proper listen. too metal for me.

I suggest you give it another spin. Best thrash album, bar none.

• Like 2

never been into slayer, got their reign in blood album but thats it and i dont even think i gave that a proper listen. too metal for me.

I suggest you give it another spin. Best thrash album, bar none.

i will, infact i nearly did last night because its been years since i played it.

The Who, Whos Next(one of my favourite albums of all time)

and then, Atomic Rooster,Death Walks Behind You.

Who's Next is probably my favourite album ever. I like DWBY, too. Good choices, as ever, Ruge. [emoji106]

• Like 1

NEW ORDER'S NEW ALBUM. IS. AWESOME.

Sick of the hype already. Sick of being told they are back, sick of being told its just like the old New Order. Sick of being told its their best since Technique

Its not like the old New Order at all. No Hooky basslines and for me that set them apart.

And Giorgio Moroder would like his sequencer back. Track 4 "Plastic"'s synth line might as well be I Feel Love. Track 5 is Yello at which point I gave up

Captain, I am detecting large volumes of middle age in this sector

Well you'd have to be, to have been a fan in the first place

31 is definitely too young to be middle aged. I hope.

31 is too young to have seen them live at the Imperial Cinema on Moseley on the Movement Tour ;)

EDIT: I think I'm trying to say we come at their career from different ends. I was there at the start and for me their powers waned after the first three albums. In fact I wasn't really a fan of Blue Monday and detested Confusion but they picked it up again then started losing it for me. As much as everyone loved Technique, I didn't. For me it was always Movement, Power Corruption and Lies and Low Life, after that pretty much meh apart from the odd tune

To be honest, the large volume of work from 1985 to 2005 doesn't interest me bar a few singles.For some reason, they've just got this one right for me. I really wasn't expecting to like it, at all.

On another note, I'm really digging the new Kurt Vile album

If anyone wants to hear modern, highly politicised purist hiphop only to be entirely remixed using only cat noises, I'd suggest Meow the Jewels. I can honestly say I would have never expected to hear Run the Jewels and Zach De La Rocha rapping to a track remixed by Geoff Barrow from Portishead, who has massively pitched down a cat's purr for the bassline.

• Like 1

my knowledge of new order starts with blue monday and ends with true faith.i  must say though i really like both songs.

Mine starts and ends with Blue Monday. I hate it.

• Like 1

my knowledge of new order starts with blue monday and ends with true faith.i  must say though i really like both songs.

Mine starts and ends with Blue Monday. I hate it.

Well to be fair, it is a record released after 1956

The cutoff point is actually 1976. And I'm fine with stuff recorded after that date, so long as it's in a broadly pre-76 STYLE.

But all 'new developments' in music after that date (new romantic, post punk, post rock, rap, hip hop, acid house, trance, dubstep, grime, death metal, electronica, etc., etc.) I avoid like the plague.

• Like 1

I've now gone 100% old school, I've ordered a copy of New Order's album, on clear vinyl, it'll be in the shop for collection from lunchtime on Monday.

Shove that up your 79p instant download.

This doesn't make sense

You're already a vinyl collector!

it was the fact they'd sold out so I've ordered it, and now have to wait for their delivery day - it wasn't in the shop so rather than walk around the corner to HMV, I've put my name down and they'll 'tweet' me when it arrives - about as old and slow a process as it gets

Taylor Swift's original is really good and hard to better (unless your name's Carly Rae Jepsen). I wouldn't mind hearing her (Taylor Swift) do an acoustic version of 1989.

Edited by useless

Â